PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Just in time for the Halloween season, I had a few of these delivered today. They are 16 oz and come with a lid with a straw hole in it, but a regular mouth 2-piece mason jar lid fits them for tobacco storage. They are pricey most places, but are $3 each (on sale) at barproducts. com. I might use them for special blends or seasonal blends. They are about an inch taller than the wide mouth 16 oz Ball jars but fit in the same space for storage. These ones are completely clear with no coating, some of the ones online have an iridescent or painted coating that might compromise tobacco storage.
Skull Jars.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
@Osirus
Just as I thought, beautiful! 😁

I'd reserve one of them to fill it up with different tobaccos for display.
Dark tobacco packed behind the eye sockets, bright tobacco behind the teeth (maybe a gold tooth mixed in) and so on. Like those decorative sand filled jars.

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Osirus

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
@Osirus
Just as I thought, beautiful! 😁

I'd reserve one of them to fill it up with different tobaccos for display.
Dark tobacco packed behind the eye sockets, bright tobacco behind the teeth (maybe a gold tooth mixed in) and so on. Like those decorative sand filled jars.

View attachment 173076
That's a cool idea! I actually had ordered a colored/iridescent one first for more ($15) but read the paint sometimes chips and smells- not something desirable for tobacco storage. So I have this one for display and the clear ones for useable storage.
colored skull jar.png

Reactions: Chaukisch

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
That's a cool idea! I actually had ordered a colored/iridescent one first for more ($15) but read the paint sometimes chips and smells- not something desirable for tobacco storage.
Yeah that's no good. First you handle the jar and get paint flakes on your hand, then you mix them in with your tobacco. One time when I was learning a house-painters job I hastily rolled a cigarette, got a good drag of latex paint that got from my fingers on the paper. You do not want to smoke paint!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Had a Crystal Head Vodka bottle in my office at my last job, used it to drink water out of (with a straw). Still have a sealed bottle signed by Dan Aykroyd somewhere.

03D82F3D-CE79-4EA6-99E2-7B7FF6661B5C.jpeg

Reactions: Osirus