9 Fresh Ashton Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

redglow

Preferred Member
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I had my first bowl of Westminster a couple of weeks ago. That first bowl just didn’t do anything for me. Tasted rather bland and uninspiring.
Smoking my third bowl of this right now and I am really enjoying it! The subtle sweet flavors are coming through very nicely.
I decided that when I smoke Westminster, it should be my first bowl of the day. Or at least smoking it after a nice break to give my tastebuds time to rest.
I have gone from wondering why I bought this, to being glad that I bought the 8 oz. tin.
It is very enjoyable when smoked slowly and prior to smoking anything with a stronger flavor.
Cheers.

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Glad you had the patience to stick with it and give it a chance. It takes me at least two ounces of something before I decide whether or not I like it. But you can smoke a blend everyday for years and it will still throw you some surprises from time to time. Westminster is some good stuff, especially this time of year.

May 22, 2018
Westminster may be my favourite GLP tobacco, top 3 for sure. It is not supposed to be ultra strong in taste, just a fine balanced all day mixture. Also I never bought 8 oz of anything, the price is almost the same and when you open it you are kind of stuck with it for half a year.

haparnold

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2018
Lexington, KY
Westminster may be my favorite tobacco, in general. The cut is a little annoying, but if I had to reduce my cellar to one blend, I would be hard pressed to beat Westminster.

redglow

Preferred Member
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I’m at work now and don’t smoke until I get home.
Dreaming of the Westminster tin note and can’t wait to get home.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
I recently tried it and it is 3 stars out of 4. In this genre, I like Black Frigate, Black House and Magnum Opus more. If you consider Quiet Nights in the same genre, then it's not even close for me.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Westminster is a great somewhat light English blend. Sometimes on the weekends I like to start my day with a big cup of coffee with sugar and cream. Westminster goes great with coffee w/ cream and sugar.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Had a tin where the Lat went flat, but I think it was a fluke. I pepped it up with some condiment and smoked it up. Pease is an artist, not a robot, as are the blenders who produce his blends, so I count it as a mishap.