PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I’m itching to try this blend! I’m sitting on an 8oz tin but don’t want to crack it yet. So I’m going to pick up a 2oz tin the next time I place an order instead.

The question I’d like to ask is, has anyone aged this blend? If it improves and I end up liking it, I’ll forget about the big tin for awhile.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I’m itching to try this blend! I’m sitting on an 8oz tin but don’t want to crack it yet. So I’m going to pick up a 2oz tin the next time I place an order instead.

The question I’d like to ask is, has anyone aged this blend? If it improves and I end up liking it, I’ll forget about the big tin for awhile.
I have a few tins from the initial release, But I haven't cracked em yet.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I pretty much like everything I’ve tried so far even though I’m not a year into this hobby: English blends, aromatics, Virginias. I’m not sure what it is that I did NOT like about this. Maybe the dark fired Kentucky? Maybe the bourbon flavoring? It’s a very specific taste, kind of, well, like bourbon I guess. Maybe I’m more of a scotch guy. It’s not sweet at all. It tastes sour to me. I’ll jar it and try again some day. It does burn quite nicely.

Reactions: anotherbob

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I haven’t aged long term but 5 years on it is splendid. I liked it so much I bought a bunch more. It’s an underrated Pease blend in my opinion.

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I love it. Tap dat tin.
First, don’t think of it as an aromatic. It’s not. Let it air a bit, dry. Smoke it like a Virginia, and notice the fizzy on the tongue, and the way the tobaccos work together for a natural cream soda taste. Also notice how the flavor changes and deepens as the bowl progresses.
Right. It’s not an aromatic really. Since I have such a big jar of it, it seems worth it to give it another go down the line. I will.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

KORNEY

Can't Leave
Mar 26, 2021
Israel
Do not really like the tobacco.
In general,NOT smoking aromatics.
Maybe with cob from time to time when I forgot tobacco at home….
By the way, required separate pipe and leave “ghosts” inside

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Do not really like the tobacco.
In general,NOT smoking aromatics.
Maybe with cob from time to time when I forgot tobacco at home….
By the way, required separate pipe and leave “ghosts” inside
All I sniff today is tobacco from last night’s smoke. Strong tobacco. Actually, something in this is different for me and I need to get used to it but it’s not flavoring. This is strong tobacco and very mild in the dep. of aromatics. I just wonder what it is that’s so different.

On another note, I realize today that I upset my stomach from something else: nervous binge snacking last night (those rotten bills!) My estimation of this is entirely prejudiced and I’ll have to give it another go. I wonder if I should cut it with a milder straight Virginia.

Reactions: kcghost

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
This is one I did not like that much at first smoke, so I’ve left it alone in a jar since 2015. Could be time to revisit

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I pretty much like everything I’ve tried so far even though I’m not a year into this hobby: English blends, aromatics, Virginias. I’m not sure what it is that I did NOT like about this.
I have to admit I like almost anything I smoke. It's less a matter of I don't like those ones as much as it is a matter of I just like this handful so much more then the other stuff.

Reactions: milk

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I have to admit I like almost anything I smoke. It's less a matter of I don't like those ones as much as it is a matter of I just like this handful so much more then the other stuff.
This one is different from most others I’ve smoked. But it almost reminded me of something from Rattray. I have to admit I’ve had stomach problems the last few months, probably from medications. I realize today I I have the same thing that’s been afflicting me recently and it makes it so I can’t eat. I’ll have to try this again when I’m better. I wonder what it is that makes this different. Some of the Rattray’s that people like so much, I can’t remember which, have Kentucky, don’t they? I have a faint memory of trying one of those a long time ago. This is not like a medium/strong Virginia like FVF or a medium/strong Virginia-Perique like a Navy Roll. If there’s no Burley then that leaves the Kentucky for this bracing taste? I might be way off base. I’ll try this again in a couple of weeks.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

I had it as soon as it came out and I opened a tin of the initial batch the other day, so that 5 years old. I didn't think age did much for it, it was a little more mellow but that was about it.