PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jeremyreeves

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2015
Hi guys. I have already been in contact with the OP, and I am sending him a new tin of Jackknife Plug. The condition of his "plug" shown is his photos is definitely not what we would consider acceptable and I have no way of knowing how or why this ended up being packaged back in 2018, but I have pulled several tins at random from our distribution warehouse for inspection. These look as they should. They look like this:IMG_1734.jpgIMG_1735.jpgIMG_1736.jpgIMG_1737.jpgIMG_1740 (1).jpgIMG_1739 (1).jpg

jeremyreeves

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2015
As some have commented, it is true that we have a swing press, but the swing press is only one stage of pressing, basically serving to get plugs, cakes and blocks for flake or shag to form. Once formed, the block is removed, wrapped in paper, labelled and marked with the in date and future out date, and then it is transferred to a hydraulic holding press for several days under roughly 33 tons of pressure. The hydraulic presses are automatically tightened every 30 minutes. Once a plug or crumble cake is removed from holding press, it still isn't done. We cut the block into bars and vacuum seal them at least overnight, usually longer. The vacuum is very tight and helps to make sure that the edges of each bar are tightly squeezed. This is the way we have been making plugs since we introduced JKP, which was C&D's first plug.

As always, If anyone has an issue with one of our products, we are and always have been interested to know about it, so that we can fix it. We stand by our customers and we stand by our product. If something is wrong, we want to fix it.

Email me personally at: info@cornellanddiehl.com
Call me personally at: 800-433-0080
Message me on this forum
Hit me up on IG
I am pretty easy to reach.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
As some have commented, it is true that we have a swing press, but the swing press is only one stage of pressing, basically serving to get plugs, cakes and blocks for flake or shag to form. Once formed, the block is removed, wrapped in paper, labelled and marked with the in date and future out date, and then it is transferred to a hydraulic holding press for several days under roughly 33 tons of pressure. The hydraulic presses are automatically tightened every 30 minutes. Once a plug or crumble cake is removed from holding press, it still isn't done. We cut the block into bars and vacuum seal them at least overnight, usually longer. The vacuum is very tight and helps to make sure that the edges of each bar are tightly squeezed. This is the way we have been making plugs since we introduced JKP, which was C&D's first plug.

As always, If anyone has an issue with one of our products, we are and always have been interested to know about it, so that we can fix it. We stand by our customers and we stand by our product. If something is wrong, we want to fix it.

Email me personally at: info@cornellanddiehl.com
Call me personally at: 800-433-0080
Message me on this forum
Hit me up on IG
I am pretty easy to reach.

Hey Jeremy, I love to see my favorite GLP blend Spark Plug in a flake form. Just another thing it ponder :)

Reactions: ofafeather