PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
I am a supporter of American blenders, producers, etc...I am also very sad to see a great American tobacco company close it's doors(much respect). I'm aware of other great blenders across the pond, however, in my mind this unfortunate event leaves only two "houses" state side. It would be interesting to see interpretations of what was, anyone know of a great Stoved all lemon virginia?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Other than MC Dark Star and Butera Dark Stoved I have never seen another flake like those. Besides the use of lemon Virginia's the process of stoving like MC did is totally unique from what I have seen. I smoke flakes 98 percent of the time and none are even similar to the MC. How they get those flakes to be so dark and so leathery is probably a process other mfgs have been trying to copy for years.
I do smoke a couple of plugs that are that dark and they could possibly be cut to look similar to the MC.s but the flavors are totally different as there are no lemons in the blends. I have a strong feeling that no one is coming up with a stoved lemon flake anytime soon.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
That makes complete sense and I couldn't agree more. I saw on a previous thread that you are stocked up, kudos. My cellar, meager in comparison, is still highly prized. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.