"Giubileo d'Oro" What's In The Box? (Photo Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just out of curiousity.. What is it about that shape that suits you so well? When people gravitate towards specific shapes (such as a Savinelli 320 or Castello 55), I am always interested.
I just like the shape. This one will probably remain unsmoked because of the stem, but still is quite nice too look at.

Reactions: danimalia
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Congrats, beautiful ring grain on this one, as for the undersigned, for practicality and convenience sake I prefer acrylic over the vulcanite but I'm not that much of a clencher, and when I do, I usually cover the bit either with the vinyl tape or softy bites, otherwise my stems bite zones would be covered with tooth chatter marks in a very short period of time

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm conflicted. I'm a sucker for presentation, and the pipe box with magnetic closure would bring tears of joy. Still, a stem is where the pipe hits your lips and should be as wonderful as the accouterments. I really like the 904 given that for whatever reason I've never owned one. That's a real beauty. The pipe goes on the rack; the box gets put aside.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Extra sweet pipe. I wouldn't let the acrylic stem stop you, and it is original. I used to feel preferential toward Vulcanite, and in fact the pipe I recently bought new has that. But acrylic impresses me, especially if a pipe is fairly light. Beautiful pipe, beautiful presentation with the tamper and luxury box. I'd let it live in there, so you get to work the latch every time you smoke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.