PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Is there a shape number? I used to order pipe tobacco by the pound from Ehrlich's back in the day (late '80's - early '90's when I lived in VT). Visited the store a few times also as my older brother was living in Boston, and have quite a few Ehrlich's pipes!

:)

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Is there a shape number? I used to order pipe tobacco by the pound from Ehrlich's back in the day (late '80's - early '90's when I lived in VT). Visited the store a few times also as my older brother was living in Boston, and have quite a few Ehrlich's pipes!

:)
That’s great. Yeah it says 140 I believe.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
My friend runs the Thrift Shop of Boston and gave me this. I guess Ehrlich is a storied Boston brand that produced from 1868-1968. Pipedia link here: Ehrlich's - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/Ehrlich%27s
This thing is some sort of pot-poker-bulldog.
View attachment 17340View attachment 17341View attachment 17342
Nice pipe.

That's referred to as a square shank.
I'd also call it a pot, so it's a Square Shank Pot. [Or Pot with Square Shank. (?)]
I'm also wondering if it would also be called a Sitter? Or does a 'Sitter' need to be bent to qualify?

That logo on the stem doesn't tell you the brand?

Last edited:

buck17

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
Nice pipe.

That's referred to as a square shank.
I'd also call it a pot, so it's a Square Shank Pot. [Or Pot with Square Shank. (?)]
I'm also wondering if it would also be called a Sitter? Or does a 'Sitter' need to be bent to qualify?

That logo on the stem doesn't tell you the brand?
Cool. Thanks for clarifying. It’s not an oft seen combo. Yeah in regards to sitter I was sayin poker. Anyway it is a very fun smoker.

Reactions: chopper

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Savinelli 512 KS

004-006-10179.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.