PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I'm not necessarily looking for advice, just thought this was funny... I've got a Kaywoodie Silhouette pipe that I really like. I smoked it a couple times, then got a tin of Crooner and decided that since this was my most Bing Crosby pipe, I would use it to smoke Crooner. I popped the tin, gave half of it to a buddy of mine to sample, and proceeded to smoke maybe a half ounce of Crooner through it before deciding I didn't particularly care for it. Realistically, I smoked maybe 6 bowls.

I've been bored lately and decided to do a deep clean on some older pipes, this one among them. I reamed it back to briar and have done salt and alcohol three times to it, and it still stinks like crooner. I'm gonna smoke Carter Hall through it until it goes away, but man, does a little bit of Crooner go a long way.

Reactions: lightmybriar

Bigdadz

Lurker
Dec 7, 2020
Montreal
I have found that semois or any other straight Kentucky works well as a ghostbuster. After 10 bowls or so it should exorcise your pipe of any past demons.

Reactions: tmcg81

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Fill the pipe with sacramental Burley and incant the following;

Sicut déficit fumus defíciant; sicut fluit cera a fácie ígnis, sic péreant peccatóres a fácie Dei.

(As smoke vanisheth, so let them vanish away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.)

Ren

Reactions: tmcg81 and Bigdadz

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Fill the pipe with sacramental Burley and incant the following;

Sicut déficit fumus defíciant; sicut fluit cera a fácie ígnis, sic péreant peccatóres a fácie Dei.

(As smoke vanisheth, so let them vanish away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.)

Ren
Sadly, this goes against the new rule of English only...I think Latin should be exempt - particularly when a translation is furnished.

Status
Not open for further replies.