PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
None really. They are strong tobacco flavors but the toppings are rum, whisky, maple, coconut, etc.

I’ve never detected any Lakeland scent or essence from the ones I’ve smoked.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
None really. They are strong tobacco flavors but the toppings are rum, whisky, maple, coconut, etc.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought that may be the unfortunate answer. I was hoping to find something that I could smoke, but also use as chew with a Lakeland’s sauce to it. Any suggestions?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Glynn Quelch formerly of GQ Tobaccos in England used to say on YouTube that G&H would gladly add just about any toppings to their ropes and twists. You might be able to contact them and inquire?

Of course, if you’re in the US I doubt they could ship them to you. Otherwise I might have tried myself.

Please post if you learn anything different though!

Reactions: Ahi Ka
May 2, 2020
Louisiana

I’ve only had the coconut, and while the Virginia is very flavorful on its own, the coconut is very, very light. If there’s any Lakeland essence I can’t taste it.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I’ve got a bit of Coniston cut plug lying around, I wonder whether I could order the ropes and slice them up and jar up with say 10% Coniston to get a bit of that flavour melding?

Anyone tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.