PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
I’m curious to know how long the tobacco in GH&Co.’s 500g bags will keep if you leave it in the bag. Am I ok to cellar it that way, or do I need to jar it before putting it in the cellar? And to be clear, I’m talking about the green plastic bags like the one pictured below. Thanks for your input.
3C2883E6-2F9E-4DE6-B9B2-D8BF3D6F959A.jpeg

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
I would like the idea of cellaring as is for ocd display purposes. I did that in the beginning with my esoterica bags. However, I read too many pinhole stories and ended up sealing the bags in food saver bags. I’ll eventually get around to getting mylar. Those GH bags do seem like it would last unopened barring any tiny pinholes from transporting.

Reactions: n_irwin

gawithhoggarth

Can't Leave
Dec 26, 2019
Kendal, UK
www.gawithhoggarth.co.uk
I’m curious to know how long the tobacco in GH&Co.’s 500g bags will keep if you leave it in the bag. Am I ok to cellar it that way, or do I need to jar it before putting it in the cellar? And to be clear, I’m talking about the green plastic bags like the one pictured below. Thanks for your input.
View attachment 148480
Glad you like the bags BUT just for clarification, we do not produce packaging for 'cellaring' so if you decide to store and age tobacco please use your own containers.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Glad you like the bags BUT just for clarification, we do not produce packaging for 'cellaring' so if you decide to store and age tobacco please use your own containers.
That should go without saying, unfortunately it does need to be said.
But, I have many bags of GH blends that have been sitting for >2 years that are in perfect condition.
Hell, I’ve got paper bags of ropes with nail in them that have been sitting for many years that are in perfect condition.
However, Rachel’s point stands.