PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Sometimes I just lose the tasre for things for a while. I love single malts but once in a while I need to take a 6 Mo break. Same with pipes. Just need a break. When I return its just as good as when I first began. For me moderation is the key to enjoyment of all things.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I enjoy the flavor and the relaxation.

I have to will myself to smoke anything except Granger and I have well over 50 blends to choose.

Its just something I do. A simple pleasure. I count myself lucky to enjoy one blend as much as I do.

I went through a spell of PAD - thanks in part to this forum. But I’m very satisfied with the 25 pipes in my collection.

Excitement was present with each pipe purchase. TAD isn’t an issue.

Contentment is what remains. I can live with that.

Codger? Maybe so.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I enjoy the flavor and the relaxation.

I have to will myself to smoke anything except Granger and I have well over 50 blends to choose.

Its just something I do. A simple pleasure. I count myself lucky to enjoy one blend as much as I do.

I went through a spell of PAD - thanks in part to this forum. But I’m very satisfied with the 25 pipes in my collection.

Excitement was present with each pipe purchase. TAD isn’t an issue.

Contentment is what remains. I can live with that.

Codger? Maybe so.
I think this really accurately describes what’s happened to me. Except for the Granger part, my interest has always been in new blends.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
I've been out of the loop so to speak for over two years. Had surgery and got sick on a heavy nic blend and lost interest. I would just look at my pipes and get nauseated, it sucked so bad. I have since packed up my stuff but think I'm going to bring it back out and give it a go, I'm getting that urge again which is a good sign. I just hope my jarred tobacco is still good.

So in short, it happens. You can always come back later if the urge returns.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I've had exactly the same feelings a few times recently. I attribute at least some of it to having tried most of the blends I was curious about and getting my cellar to a comfortable size for my anticipated tobacco needs. I've been through the bored cycle a few times now, and when it happens I just put my pipes down until I spontaneously feel like smoking. Sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes a week or more. Another thing that can get me interested is to go through my open tins (I have a bunch) and find something I've forgotten about or haven't had in years.

Reactions: Jwebb90 and Jaylotw

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I smoke with open arms to boredom. Thinking is the enemy. I can not stress how little I think..

If you want excitement, take a pinch of 6Photo Cheeta before you put match to bowl. That should get your heart goin' ?