Getting Back To The Good Stuff (Tobacco Order)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I’ve been smoking PA and CH mixed together for over a year. Tonight I placed an order for the good stuff.

New to me are blends marked •
Cornell & Diehl: Bow-Legged Bear 2oz

Cornell & Diehl: Pirate Kake 2oz

Cornell & Diehl: Billy Budd 2oz •

Cornell & Diehl: Mountain Camp 2oz •

Cornell & Diehl: Da Vinci 2oz

Cornell & Diehl: Engine #99 2oz •

Cornell & Diehl: Super Balkan 2oz •

Captain Earle's: Nightwatch 2oz

Captain Earle's: Ten Russians 2oz

Captain Earle's: Stimulus Package 2oz

Drucquer & Sons: Levant Mixture 100g •

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
I should have placed this in the Tobacco Discussion section. Moderator? Move this if you agree.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
No Black Frigate?

I have never tried but this forum has made me decide to order one tin in my next order to the US. I need to try the tobacco everyone smokes here! :)

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
All the recent C&D posts made me pull the trigger on a tin of Bayou Morning. Looking forward to finally trying a C&D blend. Enjoy the order!

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
You can't go wrong with any of those blends. I'm looking to try Ten Russians myself in the future. Not a huge Latakia fan but I was pleasantly surprised with a few blends that I was hesitant to try that contain it:
CD Black Frigate

SPC Plum Pudding
Enjoy your new haul.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
All the recent C&D posts made me pull the trigger on a tin of Bayou Morning. Looking forward to finally trying a C&D blend. Enjoy the order!

Bayou morning is my go to. It is great fresh but a bit rough sometimes. I’ve found that even a few months of time makes it better. Have fun trying it out.

If you’re a perique nut, try poplar camp next

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I think that you will especially like the last 3 on your list. Only jump on board the Frigate if you like alcohol (rum) topped blends. I am one of the apparent few on here that will not raise a flag to that ship. I have it and smoke it (occasionally). BF is quality tobacco but, the mix just does not do it for me. Any of the tobaccos that, I have tried (voluminous), that contain whiskey or rum as the main topping deter from the rest of the mix with (for me) a kind of chemical harshness. I am not a teetotaler, so, that is not my objection. I will stay mostly land-locked when it come to the Frigate launch. Smoke what you like. I just wanted to advise that, for better or worse, BF is not just a “typical” Latakia blend.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Of the blends in my list up there, Da Vinci and Ten Russians have been favorites. Nightcap was my top choice when it was around. I read some of you saying Mountain Camp was similar, which is why I ordered that. What’s your experience with Levant Mixture? I ordered that on a whim.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Max, don't let them beat you up over BF. I smoke it from time to time just so I won't get thrown overboard by this rough crowd but not my favorite ( that would be 965).

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I have never tried but this forum has made me decide to order one tin in my next order to the US. I need to try the tobacco everyone smokes here!
OK, at last count, 692 blends have been smoked by members over the last five years. Good luck! :)

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
[quoteOK, at last count, 692 blends have been smoked by members over the last five years. Good luck! :)[/quote]

The 692 are going to be a bit though :D I consider myself a seasoned pipe smoker and I believe I have tried about 60 blends, maybe a few more if you count slow smoking competitions and things like that. I would like to try everything in any category except that of the goopy aromatic: I find most of them very disagreeable , although I know people who love them and I have myself nothing bad to say about them.

I have been in this forum during a month aprox and I have read so many things about Black Frigate that I associate the forum with it. I don´t know if I am going to like it, but it is definitely a must try. :wink:

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
What’s your experience with Levant Mixture?

I want to love it but can't. To my taste it has an overwhelming sourness. Lacks the balance of other strong Balkans. I cellared mine for future contemplation.

Status
Not open for further replies.