PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
”A mixture of Latakia, Oriental and Virginian tobaccos.”

This smoke reminds me of Old Pulteney. You can taste the ocean. And it is good. Very good. Recommended for wearers of the kilt and appreciators and/or admirers of high class.

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
I just received a tin of King Charles from my daughter in law as a Christmas present. She further gifted me a tin of Royal Jersey and one of margate. She was advised by a tobacconist in Boise. Kudos to my son for his taste in women.
So far, I have smoked several bowls of King Charles-I found this tobacco quite delightful. It won't last long.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I just received a tin of King Charles from my daughter in law as a Christmas present. She further gifted me a tin of Royal Jersey and one of margate. She was advised by a tobacconist in Boise. Kudos to my son for his taste in women.
So far, I have smoked several bowls of King Charles-I found this tobacco quite delightful. It won't last long.
What a thoughtful and impressive set of gifts!

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I had not heard this. Did you read this somewhere recently? That’s one of my staples.
Actually its been a few years since i looked for it, i would love to hear that its back in production, but when i couldnt find any at local B&Ms or online, i just assumed they quit making it.
Where are you buying it from?

Reactions: tomnernas2ndson
Oct 7, 2016
King Charles is an exceptional blend, very much a direct alternative to the old made in the UK version of Presbyterian. I think it is a little better than the Planta version of Presbyterian. Planta has been bought out by MacBarens and I have no knowledge of what they will do with Presbyterian.

Charles I lost his crown and his head. Charles II regained the crown and stayed for two extended periods in Jersey while things were being sorted out.

soviettubes

Lurker
Mar 26, 2018
Actually its been a few years since i looked for it, i would love to hear that its back in production, but when i couldnt find any at local B&Ms or online, i just assumed they quit making it.
Where are you buying it from?

Not sure where you are, but I’m in the US (PA). It almost never makes it over here through normal retail channels. What I’ve been able to get my hands on has come via trades, or from my friend overseas.

I just reached out to him recently, so if he gets back to me and can find some, I can let you know.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
King Charles is an exceptional blend, very much a direct alternative to the old made in the UK version of Presbyterian. I think it is a little better than the Planta version of Presbyterian. Planta has been bought out by MacBarens and I have no knowledge of what they will do with Presbyterian.

Charles I lost his crown and his head. Charles II regained the crown and stayed for two extended periods in Jersey while things were being sorted out.
King Charles is also a breed of nice looking lap dogs! Long live the King!

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.

Reactions: tomnernas2ndson
Status
Not open for further replies.