New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone: I smoked pipes (say 3 bowls a week) for some years until I got married more than 30 years ago. Never smoked cigarettes, perhaps a semi-annual cigar. When I stopped pipe-smoking, I gave away a good selection, including a couple of Meerschaums (the real deal, not corn cobs). I moved to lovely, tropical North Queensland almost 3 years ago, and found that at my first ministers' gathering (I'm a Uniting Church minister), some colleagues broke out pipes. I got home, told my wife, who decreed "No! You are not to take up pipe smoking again!".
Cue a couple of Sunday evenings ago, a few of those colleagues came round for dinner. Afterwards, while we were sitting outside, they asked if they could light up pipes, and produced a spare for me ? So now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a Savinelli (tomorrow, the tracking number says) and Australia Post to deliver a 50g tin of Peterson My Mixture 965 (also tomorrow according to Aus Post tracking). Just in time for a Sunday off and a long Anzac Day weekend at a beach shack.

Hi everyone: I smoked pipes (say 3 bowls a week) for some years until I got married more than 30 years ago. Never smoked cigarettes, perhaps a semi-annual cigar. When I stopped pipe-smoking, I gave away a good selection, including a couple of Meerschaums (the real deal, not corn cobs). I moved to lovely, tropical North Queensland almost 3 years ago, and found that at my first ministers' gathering (I'm a Uniting Church minister), some colleagues broke out pipes. I got home, told my wife, who decreed "No! You are not to take up pipe smoking again!".
Cue a couple of Sunday evenings ago, a few of those colleagues came round for dinner. Afterwards, while we were sitting outside, they asked if they could light up pipes, and produced a spare for me ? So now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a Savinelli (tomorrow, the tracking number says) and Australia Post to deliver a 50g tin of Peterson My Mixture 965 (also tomorrow according to Aus Post tracking). Just in time for a Sunday off and a long Anzac Day weekend at a beach shack.
Ah, Aus Post have delivered the My Mixture 965 from tobaccoblends.com.au, with a sample sachet of 1-Q. I'll try out the 1-Q tonight in my donated old pipe, leaving My Mixture 965 for the Savinelli if it turns up tomorrow.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Greetings from Sydney. Pleased that you succumbed and rejoined the brotherhood. No better way to spend an hour or two in quiet contemplation or with the newspapers on the weekends.

By the way, I hope your tobacco makes it through Oz Customs unscathed, as imports of pipe tobacco are banned, unless you have an import licence (for personal consumption). Quite easy to obtain online by filling the relevant form.

Greetings from Sydney. Pleased that you succumbed and rejoined the brotherhood. No better way to spend an hour or two in quiet contemplation or with the newspapers on the weekends.

By the way, I hope your tobacco makes it through Oz Customs unscathed, as imports of pipe tobacco are banned, unless you have an import licence (for personal consumption). Quite easy to obtain online by filling the relevant form.
Ordered from an Australian vendor, tobacco blends in Victoria, so included (hefty) tax

Reactions: weezell

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Ordered from an Australian vendor, tobacco blends in Victoria, so included (hefty) tax
I lost 3-4 orders before I found out about the ban. Disappointing as there were a few discontinued aged tins. I've been paying the exhorbant Oz prices for my most recent orders - at least I get to smoke them rather than the Customs incinerator.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
G'Day from São Paulo; my wife and I made the bizarre decision to move to Brazil from Sydney just as the pandemic started. Perhaps not one of our better ideas :sher:

(Actually we really moved because she has long term health issues and nearly all her family are here but I really miss Australia - although I don't miss that ban on importing tobacco.)

Status
Not open for further replies.