PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I typically buy GBD's with the London, England stamp but this Originale caught my eye, with a Paris,France COM. It was in decent shape with a few bowl dings and a tough layer of oxidation. I finished it this morning.

GBD_1066M_Orginale (1).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (2).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (3).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (4).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (5).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (6).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (7).JPGGBD_1066M_Orginale (10).jpgGBD_1066M_Originale (9).jpg

I have this Virgin Shape 28D with a "Hand Cut" stem. It is slightly smaller. I'll have to see how the Originale stacks up.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I know it sounds crazy, but I almost prefer the French-made GBD’s. Their buttons and slotting were different than their English counterparts. That’s a beautiful pipe and a great shape. I hope it smokes well for you.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I know it sounds crazy, but I almost prefer the French-made GBD’s. Their buttons and slotting were different than their English counterparts. That’s a beautiful pipe and a great shape. I hope it smokes well for you.
agree.. they are very very nice.

Reactions: kwg116

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
These pipes quite simply are objects of my pipe lust. I love to look at artisan pipes, am compelled to look at Bangs, although they and those of J. Chono. make me laugh, but old Britwood of classic design I covet every time.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, my cleaning routine paid off. There was heavy gunk inside the shank and in the draft hole. But the salt/alcohol soak and thorough shank cleaning resulted in a ghost free smoke (Ye Olde Signe). The button is very nice, near Hand Cut quality, including the tenon feature. This one is 42 grams, my smaller 28D only slightly less at 39 grams.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Great looking pipe! Gotta love the classic shapes of these pipes made by old British pipe companies.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great classic shape. I think the Paris France stamp is a bit distinctive, since a lot of the French pipes come from St. Claude or other provinces. That pipe cleans up nicely. I don't know what your plans are for the pipe, but it might be a keeper.

Reactions: BROBS and lawdawg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Great classic shape. I think the Paris France stamp is a bit distinctive, since a lot of the French pipes come from St. Claude or other provinces. That pipe cleans up nicely. I don't know what your plans are for the pipe, but it might be a keeper.

I was going to ask if it was for sale, but I figured that one is probably a keeper for the owner, plus already bought too much tobacco this month, plus spent more money than I should over the past several months. This is definitely one of those pipes where as soon as I see it, my first thought is “yep! Would like to own that one.” puffy

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
She's a keeper for now (after all, you know what they say about ladies pants in Paris France), but I'm a fickle owner, so Lawdog, you get first dibs if I ever let it go.

Thank you. I would definitely be interested puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.