Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Just bought a few pipes this past week that I am currently waiting on to show up at the doorstep. First of all, I got a beautiful estate GBD Prehistoric rhodesian with a perspex stem. I fell in love with the shape and as I don't own any rhodesians, I had to have it. This GBD also sports a beautiful blast and I also dig the perspex stem, which I understand will require frequent cleanings with alcohol and bristled cleaners to properly maintain.
Secondly, I bought a nice estate Castello Old Antiquari (K) poker off of Neat Pipes to go along with the Old Sea Rock zulu shape that I recently purchased, also from Neat Pipes. This pipe also has a great blast and will also be the first poker that I own. Pictures are included below.
-Scott
Edit: Hmmm, I can't figure out how to host the image on here. When I hit "IMG" it asks me to supply a URL and both pics are saved on my computer's hard-drive. How do you link up a picture without listing a URL?

Edit: You can upload the photo to your "Album", then copy the Image Address of the "open" photo... But, the best method is to utilize one of the photo hosting sites, like Photobucket.com. There is no way to upload a photo directly into the Forum, that I am aware of. L

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Sign in, upload, copy IMG code, paste into reply box on this site.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
There is also a "sticky" that shows how to post a pic from your profile too...I had same problem until I found the sticky...its easy to follow.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Thanks for the advice guys! I do have a photo album on here and I didn't even think about putting the pictures on there because I generally take my own photos and upload them onto my album, but nonetheless, it was easier to just upload the pictures of the pipes from the sites I purchased them from. Not to mention their photography is probably a lot better than mine would be! So without further ado, here are the GBD and Castello pipes I am getting.
-Scott

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/scottbtdmb/album/picture/4568?
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/scottbtdmb/album/picture/4567?

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Man...I really like them both...will be interesting how u like them after a few smokes

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice. I have a Radice with a clear stem and I can't get it clean. I guess I'll have to do the OxyClean bath and try again. Good luck with both and enjoy them.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Love them both. I have wanted a pipe from either stable for quite some time. I love those perspex stems.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
I'm a sucker for pokers yet I own none...I'm jealous of that beauty!

And does the GBD stem have an inlay or is that stamped? Beautiful pipes though!

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Received both pipes in the mail today! The pictures don't even begin to do the pipes justice, especially the GBD Prehistoric, which has a really deep bowl that should be great for English/Balkan blends. Better yet, I also received some Gawith&Hoggarth samples from a buddy on another forum so all in all it was a great PAD and TAD sort of day. I am really excited now for my camping trip this weekend now that I have some new pipes and tobaccos to enjoy during the 4 hour drive Friday night into the mountains of Pennsylvania, not to mention around a nice campfire Sat night!
-Scott
P.S. The stem has an inlay to answer Kyle's question

Status
Not open for further replies.