PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Tried to show the thick brown line running the length of the stem. I soaked a pipe cleaner in acetone and ran it through and twisted it around. 95% of it is gone, I think it would have been more effective had I used bristle cleaners, but you use what you have.

View attachment 18233View attachment 18234
That's one really nice Bulldog Mike.
Good job on the clean-up.

There's two types of pipe cleaners at my tobacconist; the soft ones that I use to clean after use, and the other type is hard & stiff which is great for helping to remove stubborn gunk.
They're not as thick as a bristle brush but are great when you need something in-between that & a cotton pipe cleaner.

BTW, it looks cold in your neck of the woods.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
the other type is hard & stiff which is great for helping to remove stubborn gunk.

Sounds like this would be a perfect use for them here. I've had a set of nylon bristle brushes made specifically for cleaning pipes sitting in my Amazon cart forever. One day I will actually buy them!

BTW, it looks cold in your neck of the

Not too bad for early February
Screenshot_20200209-064203.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Sounds like this would be a perfect use for them here. I've had a set of nylon bristle brushes made specifically for cleaning pipes sitting in my Amazon cart forever. One day I will actually buy them!

Not too bad for early February
View attachment 18725
That's we call cold Mike. Before I moved inland, I had not ever even experienced a frost, lol.

Don't know how to copy & paste but it had been raining steady for over 4 days with 22*C temps.
The weather radar showed the entire map from Newcastle to Kiama & west past Orange, as one big rain depression. We really needed the rain big time.
My backyard looks like a swimming pool [the water came to within a couple of feet from my back door]
The dog is itching for a run.
It's clear this morning but forecast showers & a humid 30*C .

See if your tobacconist has them. The difference is that one lot are made from cotton, the stiffer ones from synthetic fibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.