PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
some poeple will say not to use alcohol in it... but I always have to clean lucite stems without issue. I also don't let the alcohol sit in there just remove the gunk.

you can sand it with 6-800 grit to remove the chatter and polish with white diamond as normal.

I would bet it's a GBD second that was meant to be sold off and stamped with a shop brand, but wasn't.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks Paul, the stem is in great condition, save some chatter at the end. It does need to be cleaned, as there is a thick brown line running through the center of it.

I've been wanting to get a pipe with a stem-like this for a while to clean up.
Oh now I see, some says barkeeper friend in bristled pipe cleaner would do the trick, also I'd presume a bristled cleaner dipped in 100% alcohol would do the trick tough I'd advise against using alcohol repeatedly when cleaning acrylic stems

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
some poeple will say not to use alcohol in it... but I always have to clean lucite stems without issue. I also don't let the alcohol sit in there just remove the gunk.

you can sand it with 6-800 grit to remove the chatter and polish with white diamond as normal.

I would bet it's a GBD second that was meant to be sold off and stamped with a shop brand, but wasn't.
Very same advice here

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Although the GBD shape 73 is listed as a Straight Bulldog, the font used for the 73 on your pipe makes me think...Parker.

here is just a random picture of a Parker with a 7 stamped on it. It looks a little different, no?

parker4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.