PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am starting to think the internet may be a huge reason for the resurgence of pipe smoking. What a great time to pick up a briar or meer or cob or clay. Instead of what it was like when I started where you either got lucky and found a good teacher or basically banged your head against the wall until you figured out how to smoke a pipe (I still remember figuring out that drier is better by smoking some tobacco that I thought I had ruined and thinking wait this is the best smoke I've had.)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Any y'all know why Gawith never sealed their limited edition blends?
probably because they didn't expect them to be cellared. The way tins are normally made is so that when they're sold they're in good shape. I think they didn't expect the limited editions to sit on store shelves. Where as they do expect their other blends to sit for possibly years on a shelf before being sold. That's my guess. I've read more then a few things over the years that makes me think that the makers of pipe tobacco don't really know much about people cellaringly and aging their tobaccos.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
That video of the old factory was like a found-footage horror movie complete with heavy breathing and flickering lights. It was cool, I suppose, but some real in depth and semi-professional videos would be neat to see.

• Haha
Reactions: mingc and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What was their purpose in making that particular video? Are they going to refurbish the old place? (the first video in the o.p..)

Last edited: