PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Does anyone know where I can find a broader product availability of G&H and/or SG ropes and twists in the states? (as compared to smokingpipes, 4noggins, countrysquire)
I checked Mr Snuff and pfeifendepot with not much luck.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Set inventory alerts in smokingpipes and pipes and cigars, I have bought all my ropes from them. I have bought most or all of the ropes from P&C. The availability is spotty, but it comes and goes with regularity.
I have ordered Warrior Plug from Mr. Snuff. I just checked their website, man the prices have increased.
P&C currently has Rum Twist, Black Cherry Twist, Black Irish X Rope available currently.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Start calling the small mom and pop b/m's in the low tax states first. Places with little to no internet presence. If you want hard to find blends, ya gotta work for it.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Hawky is the only one that seems to understand the issue. As far as I can tell, the variety you see listed at Smoking Pipes, whether in stock or not, is representative of all that is currently distributed to the US. Calling around to different shops will be a waste of time.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
yes - SPC and P&C have all I can find here - not much, but I have all of the ones mentioned at P&C, and brown bogie. Loving it, SmokingPipes keeps better stock it seems. GQ unfortunately will not export to the states

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Smokingpipes carries all the SG/GH blends that are available in the US. It's the importer, you can call all the smoke shops in the US but it would be futile. Mr. Snuff used to have many many varieties of SG & GH ropes but I don't think they carry them anymore. Some of the scented ropes are pretty strongly flavored but most of them the topping is light like GH Black Cherry Twist or Whiskey Twist.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Marscigars has often ropes available when they are sold out at the other 3 big online resellers. Slightly more expensive (about 5-10%) but very fast shipping and at the end if it has what others has sold out it can be the best choice. I bought from them and very happy of their service.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
pipeman7,

Smokingpipes carries all the SG/GH blends that are available in the US. It's the importer, you can call all the smoke shops in the US but it would be futile.
You really shouldn't talk about things when you have no clue. Just because SP runs out doesn't mean every tobacconist in the country runs out at the same time as SP. Sp's customers have email notifications set up to tell them the instant SG and GH products come in so they sell out quickly. Small mom and pops with little to no internet presence can take a very long time to sell out of their allotment. When I bought all of my SG flakes, it came from small shops with little internet presence and they gladly sold me as much as I wanted. I even got a ten percent discount from a guy when I bought 5 pounds at a time of one blend.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Harris, I think what pipeman7 meant was that if it's a product that is not in the P&C or spc or 4 Noggins lineup (regardless of whether it is in stock or not), then it probably was never distributed to the States.
For example, you aren't going to have much luck with Mom and Pop shops finding Full Virginia Plug, Cob Plug, RB Plug, Palace Gate, etc.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
I set up the alert for the Brown No. 4 50g tin (250g is available at smokingpipes but is too big for just a tasting venture). Sam Gawith seems to be out of stock everywhere. Good luck finding what you seek!

Status
Not open for further replies.