PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
It has a slight floral hint. Would this be considered a Lakeland blend?
I like it but enjoy it more mixed with Rattray's Old Growie.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Technically, it is not supposed to be scented at all. However, since G&H run all of their tobaccos on the same machinery, it picks some of that floral hint up. I would not consider it a Lakeland blend though. For Lakelands, I think of Ennerdale Flake, RB Plug, Conniston Cut Plug, etc for that full on floral essence.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
The only G&H blend I have ever tried is Best Brown #2, I was told it would work in a pinch when the Condor was getting low. All I can say is right string wrong Yo-Yo. I am going to mix in the remaining 5-tins with Condor to further the Condor supply. Nothing should disturb that Condor moment!
Eric

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Did you ever wonder if I have some strange clone of myself that has popped up in Georgia with more to follow in every state of the Union? :rofl:

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I think you can still get away with calling it a lakeland as that refers to a location the blend likely originated from. To mrenglish's point though, most are not going to refer to it as a lakeland blend as it is not supposed to have that floral essence a majority would associate with when calling something a lakeland blend.
Mine did not have any floral notes to it.
If yours did, that is likely a hint of the notorious lakeland essence. If you liked it maybe try some of the others as it is a lot stronger when they actually intend on it to be there. If you didn't like it probably run in the other direction as it likely won't get any weaker than what you tried.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
The Ga-Hog Best Brown #2 has a very slight floral taste to it IMO. I really don't mind it.
That's what I thought, that a Lakeland would have a heavier floral taste.
I'm a big fan of Sam Gawith's Best Brown and thought I'd give the Ga-Hog Best Brown a try. I still prefer the Sam Gawith version.

Status
Not open for further replies.