PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You can’t buy 20 gauge target shells for love or money. And with this $3.25 an ounce pipe tobacco tax hanging over us, I keep waiting for a big panic buying run on pipe tobacco.

So instead of the local gun shops, which don’t have hardly any ammunition to sell, after court this morning I dropped by the local booze and cheap cigarettes store that carries a small selection of super premium pipe tobaccos.

They had several 2 ounce cans of G.L. Pease offerings, so I bought six for about $110.

The first I opened was Gaslight.

Whoa, there were two little plugs of chew inside, that smelled like Bee Jay catfish bait!

Oh my, I love the smell of Latakia in the morning.

This is all oily and gooey and reeks of Latakia. You have to tear it up, not rub it out. It’s hard to light. I used my pick on my tamper to poke holes and ventilate it. Finally it got going really well, as I drove through McDonald’s for coffee.

Don’t look for subtle flavors of lemon citrus, prunes, apricots and figs in Gaslight, because the raw, primordial and savage nature of the Latakia used in this product forbids the tasting of subtle nuances.

I love this stuff. This needs about five times bigger warning labels about nicotine content.

This product should not be marketed or sold to children under 50.

The dry cleaners will reject my suits because of the lingering smell.

I got the hiccups smoking this. I have to chew leaf and swallow the juice, to get hiccups.

Try this, if you dare.

C2EFD910-C669-4C7F-93F1-0D9DB1336C61.jpegECAD26CC-1CCF-457B-8AA2-0846D799A13D.jpeg157789ED-2ECE-4CB8-A581-28F9B22BC0CB.jpegE45F2ADB-EB71-4306-A446-538FF76CA84B.jpegA8BD8199-0708-444B-9E08-D1FDEE0A96AC.jpeg

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
To all you discerning pipers here, thanks for all the kind words for Gaslight. I fell in love with this blend right from the start many years ago and I am cellared deep including 8oz tins and I rarely do that. I am a Lat fan and still remain so. This is the filet mignon of Lat blends for me. Does it sound like I love this one?