PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The-Hunt-2020-690x1092.jpg

actually pretty good and the protagonist is super funny

I agree. I actually saw it in the theater... a few weeks back when it was still possible to do such things. It's way better than expected but only because Betty Gilpin does a great job as the lead. Other than that it's mostly just a gore film

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I really just need to sit down and watch the damn thing. I like so many Scorsese films and the cast is basically a list of the top actors of their generation. Just have to commit the 220 minutes or whatever. Maybe I'll smoke a big Partagas Lusitania cigar or something when I do

I'm sure you've heard it's overly long and drawn out. That's true. But it's worth seeing for Al Pacino's performance.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I watched Destination Tokyo with Cary Grant. Fantastic submarine movie. And better yet, I watched Operation Petticoat the same evening. Another great submarine movie with Cary Grant.
I just watched an old Cary Grant movie I think it was called "people will talk", and man it was fully but not hammer to head with subtext. Good movie too.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I know I sound like a broken record. But I picked the perfect time to get the Dark Shadows box set. Which is amazing and addictive.

They have a bunch of Dark Shadows episodes on Hulu. I've watched one or two episodes out of nostalgia; back in 5th grade that was the show to run home after school and watch

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I recently re watched one of my favorite sci fi movies "Lifeforce". Its from the 80's, maybe more of a cult favorite than a classic, but it has one thing that sets it apart from almost every other sci fi movie:

VAMPIRES FROM SPACE!

and, as a not unimportant added dramatic feature, they are naked and have LARGE BREASTS!

Seriously, if you are a fan of 80's sci fi, this one is unique. An imdb reviewer called it human kinds greatest achievement.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
T

I get it. Too stodgy and slow moving for me to watch now but it was definitely a gas back in 1971.
it's the master of cliff hangers for sure. It's very slow paced which is great because you're constantly like what's up with that thing Roger did or what is Burkes angle or whatever. And it's got the best representation of a narcissist I've seen on television, almost like they studied a clinical psyche book real hard before writing the show.

Reactions: logs
Status
Not open for further replies.