PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Hi folks, I have just procured some bulk (250g) boxes of FVF from foreign parts and wondered how the flakes are packed.
Are they simply laid out in the cardboard box or are they vacuum sealed in some way, in a bag perhaps?
Also do they store well as is or is it recommended that I jar it all immediately upon arrival?
Regards,
Jay.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/question-on-storing-samuel-gawith-250g-boxes
In a ziplock inside the box, you need to jar it asap

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It comes in a shrink wrapped box with the flakes themselves inside of a folded over plastic bag. I know some leave them in their boxes, but I have always opened and jarred it because of the thin layer of shrink wrap and plastic storage bag it comes in.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My experience has been very different. I bought a decade old box of St James from PipeStud. Upon opening I had to dry it out it was so wet.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
PipeStud keeps all of his stash in a secret, underwater cavern, guarded by machete-wielding mermaids. It's rather damp there.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Ok chaps, many thanks but just as I expected...conflicting answers :roll:
Thing is this is not for ageing (I buy tins for that), I suspect that the bulk of it will be smoked this year...lasting to early 2018 if I'm lucky.
So I reckon the thing to do is just jar the unopened ziplock bags until required...does that sound right?
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.