PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
After getting a few ounces of FVF and deciding that it was a tobacco that I always wanted to have a supply of, I checked around and found a 1lb box. While waiting on the box I was curious as to how it was package and what it looked like. Of course I found images of 50g tins and 250g boxes but nothing on the 1lb. I thought I'd share a couple of pics I took with my phone if anyone was curious.
First, the outside:

96c97c96.jpg

Now, the inside:

45a76cd1.jpg

Note the penny on the bottom right for scale.
The aroma of the open box was heaven and I'm not sure but I may have added a drool casing.

teddy

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
HELLO MENCKENITE , VERY NICE PIPES YOU HAVE AND WERE DID YOU GET THE LBS. OF FVF ?
TEDDY

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Hello Teddy,
Thank you, I hope to continue adding to my collection but these TADs are hendering that for a while.
Anyway, I got the lb from the place mentioned above (Humidor Pipe Shop in Huntsville Alabama).

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The next time anyone has a bowl of FVF, please let me know if, at any time during the smoke,

they pick up on a hint of Worcestershire sauce. It's a fermented taste that I love, and I'm glad that

I at least think that it's in there, but I have a hard time believing my taste buds.
Hmmm... maybe I just invented another topping flavor!

(That and BBQ sauce makes two. Mr. Pease, are you listening?)

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Chuck. That's just what I did for all of it but about two bowls worth! However, there are a couple of things I would have done differently now in reflection. 1. Buy bigger jars (mine are 8 oz.) and instead of folding the flakes into a "U" shape and stuffing them in the jars, it may have been better to cut them in half. Live and learn. They don't teach classes on this stuff as far as I know, otherwise I'd have to convince my wife that I'm going back to school and get my doctorate; A PHD in Tobaccology.

laearl

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Lower Alabama
Very nice. :D I was supposed to be in H'ville this week. Maybe next week, who knows. I plan on dropping in when I am in town. Thanks for the heads-up!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bubba,

Check out McClelland's bulk 2015:Va Flake with Perique. Some people, myself included, think they can taste the sweet/carbony flavor of BBQ'd meat. It's not by any means what you would call a full-blown aromatic flavor, but to me it was real-enough to suggest that someone should "can it", so to speak. Tobacco Reviews

stluisrey

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2010
Orange, CA
Nice! I ordered a pound of the FVF as well, so I thought. When I got the order it was Best Brown Flake. Turns out it was my error when I placed the order. Oh well, I love BBF as well, so no big deal. Some mistakes turn out to be blessings. Scored a pound of some Cob Plug as well, man that's some insane strong tobacco, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.