PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jesse, I will take 1/2 a flake if you have any left.
I've checked in with both legal and compliance and they indicate that altering the product from its original unit configuration will bring us into potential conflict with both federal and state tobacco trade regulations. We would need to meet more stringent qualifications to split a flake. The number of urine tests alone are staggering, and at this particular point in my life, I have no desire to be further focused on urine.
We will, with great regret, decline to fulfill this request. Complain to the FDA.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I made a very generous offer to sell some Esoterica on another thread, and have been quite disappointed that no one contacted me. Then I realized this thread had been started as well, and can only assume it must be occupying all the potential buyers.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
While your checking with accounting and legal, how much for the dust and bits at the bottom of the bag per milli-gram?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The flakes have been rolling off the shelves here and will be winging their way to you, including two via private airlines too snooty to be mentioned. The response has been most gratifying.
What about 50$ for a half flake?
I've already addressed this question. Here's the response:
I've checked in with both legal and compliance and they indicate that altering the product from its original unit configuration will bring us into potential conflict with both federal and state tobacco trade regulations. We would need to meet more stringent qualifications to split a flake. The number of urine tests alone are staggering, and at this particular point in my life, I have no desire to be further focused on urine.
We will, with great regret, decline to fulfill this request. Complain to the FDA.
I am truly sorry not to be able to fulfill that request.
While your checking with accounting and legal, how much for the dust and bits at the bottom of the bag per milli-gram?
Alas, there is no residue. Once the flakes are removed in our state of the art clean room, any remaining material is captured and returned to the manufacturer for credit and reuse. This is part of what helps keep our costs so reasonable.
Is that Jeff Flake, junior senator from Arizona?
We pride ourselves on customer confidentiality. We cannot respond you your query.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Mr. Sablebrush,
As the law firm representing the shareholders of your company, it is our responsibility to relay to you the dismay with the current state of affairs. Your shareholders feel that your current price of $200 a flake is well below market value and that you, are doing a disservice to said shareholders by offering up this product at such a deeply discounted rate. After careful market evaluation (reading the other threads on this board) we find that there is a significant profit opportunity here that is being missed. I'm afraid that if you do not alter your current business practices, we will be forced to seek an injunction against you.
Please cease and desist this discounted offering post haste, and adjust your pricing accordingly. As the representatives for your shareholders, will be eagerly anticipating your response, and expect to see you rectify this situation promptly.
Sincerely,

Dewy, Cheatum & Howe

Representing: Stonehaven & Penzance Unicorn Enterprises Co. Inc.™ © ®

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Can I buy the empty bag?
I just want to sniff it.
As part of our commitment to being a green company we recycle the bags in an environmentally responsible manner. Besides, they're free of any particulate, so there is no residual scent.
At the behest of our august legal team, I must cease any more offerings until a new market based price structure is agreed upon. We'll certainly honor all orders currently in receipt. Thank you very much for the huge response! I feel good knowing that I have been able to give back to the community.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Nomination in for Post of the Year.
Agreed, but not really far off base as to his comical offer considering the ridiculous prices being asked here, and of course on fleaBay. I've had better luck, and spent MUCH less money in obtaining Cuban cigars in the past than the over hyped Stonehaven and Penzance. That's not to say they aren't decent blends, but then again I can say the same thing for some of the Cuban cigars as in... nothing to get all that shook up about as there are much better, and or comparable cigars which are much easier to obtain and at much more decent prices.
It's all a ridiculous mind game for those who are obsessed with trying to get, no matter the price, with something that is difficult to obtain. Ten to one: if by chance Stonehaven and Penzance suddenly flooded the market they would quickly fade into the background as nothing more than a good blend of pipe tobacco and nothing more. Of course if by chance that should happen there would be a plethora of pissed off people who have horded it with dreams of making a killing on it by trying to sell it for outrageous prices. But, the game goes on and it always provides endless amusement. :wink:

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Kinda makes me feel a little guilty......only for a second. I have 4 unopened packs, and one jarred I dip into occasionally.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Still available sable?

How much is it now considering the extra year on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.