PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tobacco Treasures Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Erinmore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
Here I am offering a rather weird Dunhill. This must be a sample from the factory that was possibly given to the employees. Maybe a Dunhill expert can enlighten me.

Dunhill "Not for Sale".

This is a Group 5 Bruyere, so it's a pretty big bucket, in a what I believe Smooth Walnut finish with a 6mm filter. It only has a stamp "Not For Sale", but it is unmistakably a Dunhill in terms of shape and quality of workmanship (anyone who has ever screwed the stem out of a Dunnie and back in again can feel it).

The condition is ready to smoke, the mouthpiece has a minimal bite mark and the bite is very thin, I suspect the previous owner filed it a bit. Nevertheless, a beautiful, extraordinary pipe.

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpegIMG_1148.jpegIMG_1147.jpegIMG_1146.jpegIMG_1145.jpegIMG_1144.jpegIMG_1150.jpeg

Asking price incl tracked shipping is 90 Euros (EU/UK) or 125 USD (US/CAN) via Paypal FF.

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Here I am offering a rather weird Dunhill. This must be a sample from the factory that was possibly given to the employees. Maybe a Dunhill expert can enlighten me.

Dunhill "Not for Sale".

This is a Group 5 Bruyere, so it's a pretty big bucket, in a what I believe Smooth Walnut finish with a 6mm filter. It only has a stamp "Not For Sale", but it is unmistakably a Dunhill in terms of shape and quality of workmanship (anyone who has ever screwed the stem out of a Dunnie and back in again can feel it).

The condition is ready to smoke, the mouthpiece has a minimal bite mark and the bite is very thin, I suspect the previous owner filed it a bit. Nevertheless, a beautiful, extraordinary pipe.

View attachment 98334

View attachment 98332View attachment 98331View attachment 98330View attachment 98329View attachment 98328View attachment 98327View attachment 98333

Asking price incl tracked shipping is 90 Euros (EU/UK) or 125 USD (US/CAN) via Paypal FF.
I must resist !! Lovely pipe ?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
SoCal
jrs457.wixsite.com
The "Not For Sale" stamp was used for all pipes gifted by the company to individuals, sometimes employees, other times visitors, as well as their salesmen. What's curious is the lack of any other nomenclature, as the "Not For Sale" stamp was usually stamped over the existing stamps

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had a not for sale Dunhill and as Jesse said mine had all the normal Dunhill stamps and then the Not For Sale was stamped on top of them. I don't know what to think about the pipe the OP is trying to sell. I personally would never call that pipe a Dunhill.

Duke of Erinmore

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
What a conundrum! It is not for sale, and yet it is for sale...

And very interesting. Is it a standard Dunny shape?
It‘s Schrödinger‘s pipe. As long as noone buys it, it‘s not for sale. When someone buys it, it is for sale.

all/mods: I've had my share of Dunhills and am certain that it is one but would be perfectly fine with changing the title to Unmarked pipe looking like a Dunhill.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
!00% not a Dunhill.

Someone figured putting a white dot and "not for sale" stamp on a no-name basket pipe was a good $ale$ trick because legit ones are indeed scarce. Looks like they were right.

I'm sure there are more Dotted & Stamped specimens out there.

Most of this kind of thing comes out of China.

• Sad
Reactions: Merton and Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.