PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
For sale we have here one of the best Victorian meerschaums I have had come through my hands in many a year. This is an extraordinarily well executed carved figural by an unknown Austrian carver from the mid 1890s. The attention to detail is incredible and includes many finite details such as the delineation of her teeth in her smile and the individual swirls of her hair. The shank has a nice Sterling Silver hallmarked band and the pipe itself has no chips or dings to the meerschaum which is unusual for a pipe of this age. The pipe has been completely overhauled with a new bone tenion and faux amber stem which mirrors the fragments of the original stem found in the case. It seems the pipe has been well smoked and gently colored with a very even patina unlike the accelerated coloring processes used to artificially age so many pipes seen on Ebay these days. The leather case has sound hinges, signs of slight wear that you would expect from being 100+ years old but with good catches, easy closing and no substantial damage. This is a good usable, smokable every day pipe and is offered for sale for the incredibly low price of $125.00 or trade for interesting 'cutty' pipe/s.
IMG_3253_zpsylurxdmq.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
That is one beautiful Meer! I'd snatch it up but the wife says no faces on pipes, she says creeps her out.Then she says I don't smoke anything but those cutty things any way. Wonder where I got that habit from... :wink:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Somebody needs to snatch that up! What a well smoked pipe! Somebody loved it! Must be a darn good smoker!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I can post more pictures after the Chicago pipe show. It is a pipe as opposed to a cigar holder and is about 5 1/2 - 6" in length. I am open to offers since as you all know I don't do figurine pipes but there are plenty of devotees out there. For its age it will smoke well and if sensibly treated will last another 100 years. You only get problems with these pipes if you take them apart as that is what messes up the threaded amber stems. I don't take my 'cutty' pipes apart ever and simply just clean the stem with a recommended pipe cleaner. Incidentally this one comes with a large supply of the correct pipe cleaners and anyone who has got pipes from me in the past will tell a prospective purchaser that my pipes come with an instruction sheet! Anyway I am open to reasonable offers so try me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.