PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
From reading tobaccoreviews it looks like you're pining for a rather rare unobtanium.
It scores a 4 out of 4.

Nothing I suspect, will ever come close to it. [Syrian Latakia for one thing, is a thing of the past] Match blends will just disappoint.
Rather than chasing a fond memory in vain, I'd suggest buying a heap of blends by the ounce to find something a little different that you may also enjoy.

Good luck. puffy

Troy in A^2

Lurker
Oct 13, 2021
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
If I recall correctly, Butera: Pelican was an homage to Sullivan & Powell: Gentleman's Mixture. While Pelican can sometimes be hard to procure, it will be much more easily found compared to any Sullivan & Powell blends. Good luck on your search!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since you have a vivid recollection of the blend and know the approximate constituent tobaccos, you might have some fun playing around trying to arrive at some of that flavor mixing single-leaf condimental tobaccos, to see how close you could come. You would have to keep a close log of your mixes, in case you came close to the flavor(s) you want. Proportion is the key, once you have probable suspects on the tobaccos. You'll have to use Cyprian Lat, but that's a given. You might not hit your target, but you could find some good blends along the way.