PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Several of you in past remarks have voiced your apprehension or reluctance to order pipes directly from sellers in Turkey. This is by no means an advertisement, but a vote of confidence for the Turkish sellers as a whole. I've dealt with a few and as of yet, have had no problems. I've been lucky I guess because I do know there are unsavory characters out there. One way to help avoid problems is to ask questions and establish a rapport with the seller you're considering doing business with. You can tell real quick by the depth of the answers you get as to whether to trust them or not. But don't mistake inexperience with the English Language as a bad answer. You may have to translate some but it's worth it.

I have one seller in Eskisehir that I've bought 10 or 12 pipes from over the years and she always takes care of me, in addition to sending gifts to my wife June. She accepts decent offers for less than the posted price and has many high quality no-name pipes but also deals with Master Carvers like Emin, Tekim and Medet. She has some others but I'm not as familiar with them. Most of them ship via DHL and I usually have my pipes within 5 to 10 days.

Anyway, I just bought this Emin reverse claw that caught my eye....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lovely piece of work. I'd have to dive right in there and smoke it, or I might not do it.

Aug 14, 2012
I got screwed the 2 times I bought from Turkey. One guy sent a pipe that was a caricature of the one in the catalog. Another guy never sent the pipe. I had to get a Paypal refund. You got lucky with your order. I forget their names.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I have bought several from Altinok Pipes. First class all the way!

http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/pipes.asp

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Just a quicknote

Tekin is master carver of Meerqueen brand and his pipes only can be found in selected exclusive websites.if you are having his pipes from another sources than those pipes are not belong to him

Regards,

Bahadir

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Bahadir, My pipes are carved by Tekim, with and "m", not Tekin... But then again it could be an "n" on my pipes and I'm reading it wrong. I have had these for years but I do not know if it's the same person or not. I saw a video of your "Tenkin" on-line and it appears to me by the style that they are carved by the same man, I wonder. Maybe you can enlighten me....

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi TopD,
Those are Tekin's pipes :) you are lucky .

A long time ago Tekin's pipes could be bought from another sources but now they can be bought from only exclusive retailers under "Meerqueen" brand.Also the name ends with "n" not "m"

it should read "Tekin"
Regards,

Bahadir

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Bahadir - I bought masspiper's Meerqueen Tekin, but my wife is saving it for my birthday at the end of the month. I'll let you know how I like it then.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi Jerry,
Waiting for your thoughts.We are open to any suggestion or idea to improve ourselves.
Regards,

Bahadir

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Hello Bahadir... I have been buying and collecting meerschaum pipes since 1975 and have many carved by The Masters. I appreciate you and Tekin himself verifying that my pipes are genuine, I'd hate to think I've been smoking forgeries.
Thanks Bill, I have several Eagle, Globe and Anchor pipes you might enjoy seeing... These are some of my meers.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/meerschaum-photos

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
By the way... I've been smoking the new Emin this weekend. Very light for a pipe of this size and smokes like a dream! Top quality meerschaum, she's already taking on some color. I'm very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.