From the Very Center of Central Asia - Kazakhstan.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
Good to have you. I take it from your comment that there are few pipe smokers where you are from? Same with pipe makers? I guess I just assumed in what I consider "the old worlds area" I imagined more pipe lovers. Weren't pipes first found to originate in Egypt and then I assume moved up and out from there?

Reactions: Beiler

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Greetings from Idaho, USA. WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
As part of a graduate program I attended several years ago, I was able to visit Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan for one week in each country. I very much enjoyed my time there. We spent most of our time in Kazakhstan around Astana. Had some amazing food and of course lots of wonderfully made local vodka.

Beautiful country and wonderful people!
I look forward to your posts on the forum.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Қош келдіңіз! Түркиядағы Анталиядағы ағам сізге маған қарағанда жақынырақ тұрады. Сіздің осында екеніңізге қуаныштымыз. Қош келдіңіз, Висконсин, АҚШ!

Or,

Добро пожаловать! Мой брат в Анталии, Турция, живет намного ближе к вам, чем я. Мы рады, что вы здесь. Добро пожаловать из Висконсина, США!

Or,

Welcome! My brother in Antalya, Turkey, lives much closer to you than I do. We're glad that you're here. Welcome, from Wisconsin, USA!

(And no, I know neither Kazakh nor Russian, but Google Translate is fun.)

Beiler

Lurker
Dec 9, 2019
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Добро пожаловать! Вы живете в степи или в горах?

Добро пожаловать из Сиднея, штат Оз.
Интересно, если мы проведем опрос участников, сколько стран будет представлено?
да, это было бы интересно!

Beiler

Lurker
Dec 9, 2019
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Добро пожаловать! Вы живете в степи или в горах?
Привет! Я живу в городе Алматы - город расположен в предгорьях Заилийского Алатау. Немного похоже на швейцарские Альпы. Также есть каньон, похожий на Гранд-Каньон. Мы зовем его Чарын.

Attachments

• Зайлиское Алатау.JPG
    Зайлиское Алатау.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Чарынский каньон.jpg
    Чарынский каньон.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 6

Beiler

Lurker
Dec 9, 2019
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Greetings! I live in the city of Almaty - the city is located in the foothills of the Zailisky Alatau. A bit like the Swiss Alps. There is also a canyon that is similar to the Grand Canyon. We call him Charyn.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
Привет! Я живу в городе Алматы - город расположен в предгорьях Заилийского Алатау. Немного похоже на швейцарские Альпы. Также есть каньон, похожий на Гранд-Каньон. Мы зовем его Чарын.
Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.