Not open for further replies.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Just to share...
Another important experience that reminds me of why I'm a pipe smoker.

Almost always, I buy pipes from people that don't give any importance to the pieces - they just want to know about the money. When you find someone who has enough respect and sensibility to treat the sale as a transfer of ownership, not just a simple commercial relationship, it is different.

I was contacted by a wounded mother and a supportive friend who had lost an important person in a tragic car accident. Carlos Junior was 29 years old and loved his pipes, especially the Dunhills - all of them in exceptional conditions.

I'm lucky and privileged to have them now, together, in my collection, giving sequence to his passion. From one collector to another. These pipes will always be his, I'm just a bearer.

Here they are:

A nice weekend 4 y'all!

Best,
Yang : :

Last edited by a moderator:

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice pipes! Knowing the origin story always makes the smoke more special. While I have much respect for those who dote on their pipes with love, care, and respect for the art/history, there is also a special place in my heart for those who burn the shit out of them regardless.

Ever seen a picture of Gert Holbek’s personal pipes? They are prized white whales for many collectors, but Gert, the very artist from whence they came, burned the BEJESUS out of his personal creations. His personal pipes looked like they had been at ground zero in Nagasaki. I mean chunks of rim burned down and sanblasts worn down to practically smooth. Straight workin them horses. Love it.

Again, awesome pipes and a great backstory. Good to see you active again here, Yang!

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
The meerschaum lined one is cool, if for no other reason than because it's relatively unique. I haven't seen many pipes lined with meerschaum, and only a few Dunhills. Nice job cleaning them up.

Reactions: forciori

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
Nice pipes! Knowing the origin story always makes the smoke more special. While I have much respect for those who dote on their pipes with love, care, and respect for the art/history, there is also a special place in my heart for those who burn the shit out of them regardless.

Ever seen a picture of Gert Holbek’s personal pipes? They are prized white whales for many collectors, but Gert, the very artist from whence they came, burned the BEJESUS out of his personal creations. His personal pipes looked like they had been at ground zero in Nagasaki. I mean chunks of rim burned down and sanblasts worn down to practically smooth. Straight workin them horses. Love it.

Again, awesome pipes and a great backstory. Good to see you active again here, Yang!
Thanks!
A nice week 4 u.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
The meerschaum lined one is cool, if for no other reason than because it's relatively unique. I haven't seen many pipes lined with meerschaum, and only a few Dunhills. Nice job cleaning them up.
I completely agree. All the pipes are amazing, but this w/ meer is special, for sure! Thanks!

Reactions: ron123
Status
Not open for further replies.