PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anachronislad

Lurker
Oct 8, 2012
So I've been having friending some of the members on here. If I want to friend someone I try and look them up through the members area but when I type in their name it says there is no one with that name on the site EVERY TIME. I've gotten lucky a couple times just scrolling though the members and found who I was looking for. Even if I click their name I get their profile but it doesn't give me the option to friend them. Can someone help?

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
If you know the name of the member you can go directly to their members page by typing into the address bar. For example your member page is found at:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/anachronislad
Hope this helps you out.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure the reason their names don't show up is because they haven't filled out any information in there profile.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Only benefit as far as i can see is you reach out over the net and offer a handshake with a friend request.
Why do these simple things always have to have some kind of benefit? :P

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've been on here a while and feel the same way. I think of it the same away as sixmp, a friendly gesture from a fellow piper. I have not done it although I have made some friends from trading blends. To each his own. This is just a very pleasant place to hang out.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I think of it the same away as sixmp, a friendly gesture from a fellow piper. I have not done it although I have made some friends from trading blends. To each his own. This is just a very pleasant place to hang out.
+2
I haven't really bothered to ask others to be a friend because I consider myself friends with everyone on this forum ( tho I may pissed off one or two, but that's life I guess). Still, I do appreciate a friend request anyway.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dang! :evil:

Kevin's stretching his lead.

I just need 6 to beat him to 3700.
FriendsKevinhas3896.png
:D
The reason I send Friends Requests is so I have the opportunity to see the profile of our New Members twice.

And it helps to remember the Members "real" names.
It's also a simple way to say: "Welcome to the Forums."

:puffy:

anachronislad

Lurker
Oct 8, 2012
Guess there's not much of a real benefit to it, but like everyone else was saying its just a nice gesture to make everyone feel welcome. A bit of added camaraderie if you will

tomsmithusa

Might Stick Around
Oct 11, 2012
Southern Oregon
The reason I send Friends Requests is so I have the opportunity to see the profile of our New Members twice.

And it helps to remember the Members "real" names.
It's also a simple way to say: "Welcome to the Forums."
Thanks, Lawrence . . . I wasn't sure what "friending" was about til reading your reason. I received three before I could get my wits about me. :)

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I've said it before but Lawrence's welcome is one of the reasons I stuck around. Befriending definitely has its purposes.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I have friended a few people and others have friended me...but I don't think I've ever done anything with it??? just my profile says I have 8 friends?? (or is it 6?)
If I want to send someone a message, i just PM them!

hardsmack

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
I keep busy on another forum and the friend feature tends to be a guilty by association tool. In my preliminary reading here though the groups seem less competitive and more friendly :). So gents please do not take my omission of your friend requests as rude but out of routine habit.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.