PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Hey folks. I'm hoping someone might have a little more information on Fribourg & Treyer pipes. I can't seem to find much at all, beyond what's on Pipedia about how the legendary shop had its pipes manufactured by various unnamed makers. I'd like to think that the pipes were high quality because of the shop's reputation, but don't necessarily want to gamble on an estate pipe when I know nothing of its origins.

Specifically, I was checking out an F&T Lansegal smooth Belge-ish Dublin (online) listed for $120 that is apparently marked as such:

F&T (inside diamond)

Lansegal (in script)

FRIBOURG & TREYER

LONDON

Any guesses as to who made this and whether its (original) quality is likely to have been good?

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
My sandblast F&T Sansegal (not Lansegal ) with hand cut stem was made by Orlik

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
This one is a blast Canadian from the seventies.I also have an unsmoked smooth Lovat

and a smoked reject. Good pipes I would say. But $ 120, give it a closer look before you buy

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Perhaps not worth the risk. I am wary of online estates with no close-up photos.

What made that 3rd one a reject?

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I’m also curious on these pipes. They seem to go for a lot of dough online, but not a lot of info out there about their quality or build.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
How can one definitively tell by whom his F&T pipe was made? I recently scored an unsmoked Sansegal saddle stem billiard and I'm very keen to find out who made it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Photos, gents!
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.