biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
IMG_20210101_074324747_3.png

Family: Virginia

Cut: Plug

Colors: Dark almost black to brown/reddish-brown and a dash of orange

Tin Aroma: Upon opening the tin, the aroma is fantastic! At first, fig newtons with a dash of pear settling down into a ripe dark fruit with light brown sugar.

First Impression: This is my first ever Fribourg & Treyer purchase. This company was unknown to me until another tobacco enthusiast mentioned it in a potential trade. I was roaming about my local B&M and happened upon a tin. The tin is very unassuming, with a mostly blank red label with the company logo and name at the top.

Taste: Starts with light brown sugar notes, very mellow, as the bowl progresses the Virginian’s stove, dark fruits finishing with a bit of citrus tang. If you move this along too fast, it will get peppery but didn’t seem to bite me too hard, regardless of my transgression.

Smokability: 5 stars. I could smoke this all day, and in all likelihood, I will.

Pipes: Savenilli 614, Rossi 8670

Will I buy more? I will be purchasing quite a few tins of CBP for cellaring in addition to exploring their other blends.

Final Thoughts: While I am sure this will taste good with some age, it was a fantastic smoke fresh. I am not going to worry about jarring this up as the tin will suffice for storage. I will be smoking this every day until it is gone.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If this was not a red Virginia blend I would have quite a but in my cellar. I love their Cut Virginia Plug the best and have it cellared very deep. I also have a good amount of Vintage Flake and Special Brown Flake. I believe that F&T is one of the finest blending houses in the world. I have 3 in my cellar and would have probably another 2-3 if not for their use of reds. I have never had a bad tin or a tin that did not have a perfect seal. I have never seen one with a bad seal and have never had any not perform o expectations. The big problem with F&T is their pathetic distribution system. I always had issues getting as many as I wanted. Shortages abound as with almost every Kohlhase & Kopp product. They are the worst distribution company in all of Europe and by a long way. I have no idea why they are always short of product, no one advertises them and rarely do people talk about them. If I were the owner I would fire every manager in their distribution network. I stopped buying from them back around late 2013 after 2-3 years of chasing their product. I found other blends I liked better and were totally available. For instance Capstan Blue Flake I enjoy more than their Vintage and Special Brown flake I could buy a 100 tins at a time with Capstan.

Ziggywm

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
Fargo, ND
View attachment 58148

Family: Virginia

Cut: Plug

Colors: Dark almost black to brown/reddish-brown and a dash of orange

Tin Aroma: Upon opening the tin, the aroma is fantastic! At first, fig newtons with a dash of pear settling down into a ripe dark fruit with light brown sugar.

First Impression: This is my first ever Fribourg & Treyer purchase. This company was unknown to me until another tobacco enthusiast mentioned it in a potential trade. I was roaming about my local B&M and happened upon a tin. The tin is very unassuming, with a mostly blank red label with the company logo and name at the top.

Taste: Starts with light brown sugar notes, very mellow, as the bowl progresses the Virginian’s stove, dark fruits finishing with a bit of citrus tang. If you move this along too fast, it will get peppery but didn’t seem to bite me too hard, regardless of my transgression.

Smokability: 5 stars. I could smoke this all day, and in all likelihood, I will.

Pipes: Savenilli 614, Rossi 8670

Will I buy more? I will be purchasing quite a few tins of CBP for cellaring in addition to exploring their other blends.

Final Thoughts: While I am sure this will taste good with some age, it was a fantastic smoke fresh. I am not going to worry about jarring this up as the tin will suffice for storage. I will be smoking this every day until it is gone.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Excellent job! I had to sit back after reading this review and try to remember the last time I enjoyed CBP by F&T. I hadn’t had a tin of this in about a year, and not because it’s not delicious, but because I got on a Samuel Gawith thang I haven’t yet shook... I’m sure y’all understand. ?‍♂️ I still have a few tins of this fine blend somewhere. I’m also very partial to CVP in the Summertime. Absolutely delicious. ☀️ ☕

Status
Not open for further replies.