Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Back in November, I was in Vegas at Cigar Aficionado's Big Smoke. It was real cool. I am in the cigar side of the business too, but that's not what this post is about.
On the way home, US Air was asking for volunteers as the flight was oversold. My Cuban Hottie girlfriend and I volunteered to get free vouchers and another night in Vegas as we LOVE Vegas and we love free flights.
So today I needed to book another trip to Vegas for a trade show where I am presenting a seminar. (It's in the Internet business, not pipes.)
I go to Vegas twice a year (3 times last year) and I always get tickets for about $225 - $250 on US Air.
The voucher deal is that you can fly round-trip for free if there are seats, or you can use it as a $200 value towards any flight. In the end they told me I had to pay $150 AFTER applying my $200 voucher. So that means it is a $350 fare.
I have NEVER PAID as much as $350 for round-trip Vegas tickets. To me this seems like they purposely mark up the price to make up for the voucher. I feel the voucher was only really worth $100 rather than $200 and it certainly wasn't the "free" flight they promised when they asked me to volunteer to be booted off the flight.
I know there's much bigger issues floating around, but it bothers me when I get scammed.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to comment. I never take those deals on airplanes. I believe in the survival of the fittest and if they don't make it on the plane that is their fault lol. But really I have gotten offers to be delayed but it was on my way overseas and I had to make a connecting flight. However, I still don't think I would have done it anyways. There is no such thing as free. Someone, somewhere has to pay for it and with a-hole corporations running things they sure as hell will try EVERYTHING to make it not be them.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
AWWWWWWWWWW! Next you will tell me my good friend in nigeria isn't going to put 11 million in my bank account!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Well Arthur,
He told me that now for him to do so you need to send me a check for $100,000 to get your bank account setup for the transfer. No worries I will take care of all the necessary arrangements. As a matter of fact please include your last statement from your bank and a blank signed check. Thank you for your patience and honesty. I am glad to be working with an equally as honest fellow as myself.
Thank you,

W.Allbright

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
The o'le Nigerian Spam Scam - some knuckle head even wrote a play (sorta) about it.

.....I believe it'd prove more potential as a musical(mel brooks style) " stick out your tush...."

Status
Not open for further replies.