PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is Fred Hanna. Fred is a well-known pipe collector, author, and speaker at pipe shows. He has a PhD. in psychology and teaches the same at the Chicago Campus at Adler University. He is also author of the book, The Perfect Smoke. Tonight we have the launch of a recurring series with a long form discussion of a pipe or tobacco question. On this episode, Brian and Fred will discuss the many factors that cause some pipes to smoke cooler and other pipes to smoke hot. They dive deep into the topic for the entire conversation. In the “Pipe Parts” segment Brian talks about his new process for rubbing out flake tobaccos, and you’ll never guess what it is – never.

Fred-Hanna-Brian-Levine.jpg

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Another great one. I really enjoy experts’ deep diving in long form discussions on podcasts. Like hardcore history, but pipes. I spend long hours on the road for work, so I have time to pay attention. I may give that new flake treatment a try some day, maybe it could work in a conventional oven?

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Show was great. I was wondering about maybe a pressure cooker doing the same thing. It would keep the moisture. It would be like the process of making the flake where a microwave vibrates the water molecules to heat them up.

Reactions: J-Evverrett