Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Fred Hanna. Fred has a PhD. and teaches at the Chicago Campus at Adler University. He is also author of the book, The Perfect Smoke. This show is our sixth in Volume II in our series of “Seven Questions for Seven Experts”. Over the course of seven weeks, we will ask seven prominent pipe collectors the same seven pipe related questions, and see how their answers compare. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, Brian will have a review of Rattray’s Black Virginia.

fred-and-brian.jpg

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Dr. Hanna made feel better today when I listened to the Podcast. I usually listen while I cut the lawn in the Summertime. Anyway, I was beginning to think I was crazy for my love of the original issue of McClelland The Sophisticate. In my mind, it was a Hall of Fame Virginia, simply incredible. The only thing i can think of that has ever been better was a one year Virginia Flake by the same blender, Nutcracker Flake.

Never felt the same about the two re issues. Not even close. But nobody ever mentions it. I feel better because I know I'm not crazy. lol

Mike S.

fredhanna

Lurker
Jan 7, 2011
Dr. Hanna made feel better today when I listened to the Podcast. I usually listen while I cut the lawn in the Summertime. Anyway, I was beginning to think I was crazy for my love of the original issue of McClelland The Sophisticate. In my mind, it was a Hall of Fame Virginia, simply incredible. The only thing i can think of that has ever been better was a one year Virginia Flake by the same blender, Nutcracker Flake.

Never felt the same about the two re issues. Not even close. But nobody ever mentions it. I feel better because I know I'm not crazy. lol

Mike S.
Hi Mike!

We simply must sit down and share a bowl of 1992 Sophisticate. I am very happy to hear that you agree with me re how simply incredible that tobacco is and how the later iterations of it never equaled the original. And as for the Nutcracker Flake, hardly anyone EVER mentions that one but you are absolutely right. It is nothing short of fabulous and so very very rare! I think I have maybe 3 tins! Take care and thanks for your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.