PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
While digging around through some drawers over at my local storage facility yesterday. I found these three pipes I haden't seen and had completely forgotten about. The first is an Aldo Valani Verona paneled dublin which goes to prove a $40 pipe can be a good smoker.

The next is a Celius Knight 15 that I took out of my rotation before I retired because I had nicer looking pipes. It was a darned good smoker and will be again.

The bottom pipe I had left home because I didn't want to take a chance of messing it up somehow. It is a Pre-Republic Peterson'r Deluxe 406 with the gold colored inlaid P in the stem. This was Peterson's highest grade back then. It dates from 1948/49.
DSC_0254-1.jpg

Lastly is a Tracy Mincer (not Custom Built) that was a gift from Sandpiper in Scotland in repayment for a favor I did for him. It is a chunky pipe that smokes Latakia blends as though it was born to them.
DSC_0253.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That Celius looks like it can hold a ton of tobacco. Since Celius died the value of his chess-piece series pipes has increased quite a bit.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Let's keep it clean Bubba... :)
Chuck how could you abandon those beauties. I bet they missed you.

Just kidding, those are great.

Definitely push them to the head of the rotation.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Lawrence, you already know the story about the Peterson's.

The Aldo and Celius were left home because of space restraints in the truck. When you have satillite TV, a microwave, 15 changes of clothes, two 2way radios, an XM and a months worth of tobacco in there, there isn't room for much else.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Whenever you think you have enough pipes, then you find out that you don't.
It is almost like getting new pipes when you find some of your old forgotten ones, so congrats on the new / old pipes Chuck.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Kevin, I am slowly realizing that you can't have enough pipes.... Everytime I tell myself that I have all that I need I find a new pipe to huaunt me until I buy it. I am cursed/blessed to live this way forever. :)

redfox

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2010
wow that celius knight is simply amazing! I've got some major pipe envy over here, especially after hearing they aren't being made anymore!!!!!! Ah well, there isn't much money going around these days anyways, i could do without............. i just lied. Congrats on your beautiful finds!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I can only imagine: Driving a truck in a beautiful landscape while smoking a pipe.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Redfox, believe it or not, that is my ugliest Celius. I put a bowl of one of my home brew cigar leaf tobaccos through it last night and it sings with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.