PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
It's an offshoot of the original Dirty Bastard, which is quite good.

(adding kitchen sink "topping" flavors to beer never made sense to me, though... beer already IS a flavor.)

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 6.16.00 PM.png

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Michigan has been considered the craft beer capital and Founders is king.

Such a great lineup with various special releases and concepts. Both Dirty Bastard and Backwoods Bastard are legit scotch ales. KBS, CBS, and Breakfast Stout are flagships.

Bell's, Short's, Dragon's Meade and New Holland are the heir apparants.

Reactions: JOHN72

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Michigan has been considered the craft beer capital and Founders is king.

Such a great lineup with various special releases and concepts. Both Dirty Bastard and Backwoods Bastard are legit scotch ales. KBS, CBS, and Breakfast Stout are flagships.

Bell's, Short's, Dragon's Meade and New Holland are the heir apparants.

Dragonmead > Bell's >> Founder's

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I enjoyed the dirty bastard and the oatmeal stout. Once in a while I like some wild flavorings added to a stout, I think I still have a banana or milkshake stout somewhere. I'm normally not razy about coconut, but added to a stout it was really nice last time.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I really like their all day IPA, but after 15 I get a hell of a headache the next day. Maybe it's the type of hopps.

Same, but with all IPA. I've enjoyed IPA since the late 90s and after it being my preferred style for about 15 years, something changed and I can't handle them anymore. Instant headache. Oddly enough, no "normal" beer seems to cause the issue, even after quite a few of them. I attribute it to the hops.