Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I found two stems in my junk drawer. They are about 4.5" long and resemble a Kirsten stem. They have a stopper or larger flange on the very end of the metal rod thing and they also have a plunger type effect. You can hold the mouthpiece and press down while holding an outer collar near where the metal starts and it moves up and down. I know you are going to say pics would help, but I thought I would toss this out in case anyone easily knew what the are for. I will post pics tomorrow if I haven't gotten to the bottom of these little buggers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a patent device I haven't seen, but it sounds distinctive enough, it could be easy to identify with a photo, for someone who has one or has seen them.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
0515161930_HDR.jpg

0515161930a_HDR.jpg

I was able to find a computer tonight. The part where the ridged circle piece surrounds the tenon area is the collar that you can press up and down like a plunger.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Junk drawers are the best!! We all have them, our collection of bits n pieces accumulated over the years. You can tell a lot about a person by their junk drawer. The junk drawer is the window to the soul.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I never saw stems like that but the Aero Kool seems to be pretty close. I forget the guys name who made the website tuold directed us to but he has his email on it somewhere. I asked him questions about a Kaywoodie Filter Pipe I recently purchased because I had some questions only an obsessive metal pipe collector would be able to answer. He was more than helpful to me. I would suggest emailing him those pics. He might be able to tell you what they're from. Get some info and maybe hunt the pipe down. A hunt could be fun. I love hunting down pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.