PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
As my pipe smoking continues I have recently found that I love the flavor of the Latakia when it is mixed with an aro. However, I am not really an English blend fan, at least I am not a big fan of the Peterson NC and EMP. They are ok, but I think it's the Oriental that I don't like. I am currently smoking:

Lane HGL
Sutliff Holiday Mixture
Cult Conspiracy
Cult Embassy

Anyone else like the Latakia blended with the aro's? I welcome any suggestions of any similar blends currently available.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I understand, I'm a fan of English blends but NC doesn't do it for me. I stocked up on one English aro, Missouri Meerschaum Independence Day. Found the best price at P&C. Gooood stuff.

Reactions: Capt Morgan

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
As I understand it, Sillem's blends are no longer available under that name but (some? all?) are now sold under the John Aylesbury label.

Yeah, I found this;

So is this a new blender now?

Anyhow, I got excited and ordered a tin from The Story Teller’s Pipe.

P.S. Don’t mean to be hijacking the post.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I beg to differ:. Bob's Chocolate Flake

Ah yes, it is really great, but besides the description stating 8% Latakia I never tasted any in the smoke.

Perhaps with a bit of imagination and deep sniffing of the flakes I smelled some Latakia in the unlit tobacco, but it could well have been deprivation of oxygen/hallucinations due to the other funky toppings. I got almond, vanilla, hint of Lakeland and maybe, just maybe, some idea of Lat at the bottom.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
So, there're two other retailers that have them. My usual sources still list them under Sillem's, and they're all sold out, of course, and have nothing under the new label.

Reactions: Capt Morgan
Status
Not open for further replies.