PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Was looking to upgrade from my old Nike shoebox with my expanding starter collection. Saw a nice chest at Hobby Lobby, 50% off (Hobby Lobby rotates their sales, everything goes 50% off every few weeks- never pay the full price!) was still $35... that's a decent amount of tobacco...

So I went to check them out and found this beauty on clearance for $12! It fits most of my stuff (pipes, tools, filters, cleaners, tobacco jars) perfectly, has a clasp and 2 snaps, and is low profile enough that I can use it as a suitcase without making a mess inside. The only things that don't fit are my backup jars/cellar jars, which I don't need easy access to anyways. It was the highlight of my day... okay my week. Maybe month.

Don't mind the lion, he just guards my stuff.
20220514_182612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Was looking to upgrade from my old Nike shoebox with my expanding starter collection. Saw a nice chest at Hobby Lobby, 50% off (Hobby Lobby rotates their sales, everything goes 50% off every few weeks- never pay the full price!) was still $35... that's a decent amount of tobacco...

So I went to check them out and found this beauty on clearance for $12! It fits most of my stuff (pipes, tools, filters, cleaners, tobacco jars) perfectly, has a clasp and 2 snaps, and is low profile enough that I can use it as a suitcase without making a mess inside. The only things that don't fit are my backup jars/cellar jars, which I don't need easy access to anyways. It was the highlight of my day... okay my week. Maybe month.

Don't mind the lion, he just guards my stuff.
View attachment 145430
Cool set up!
My “cellar” and the bulk of my pipes are housed in a large cabinet and assorted crates in my basement but I keep a similar setup to yours on the main floor with some frequently smoked blends and lighter and cleaning supplies.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
@Osirus I like your set up. Esp. for transporting a bunch of pipe stuff to Pipe Club once a month.

Recently, I organized all my quick-reach stuff at the request of my wife. Here is a Hobby Lobby box I am using. However, it is only for storage, not really transporting. It’s heavy cardboard.

24C2651B-8C2B-431B-A065-98D3184CB96D.jpeg

C167107B-C6AF-474A-B934-F1946A0ED8AB.jpeg

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
@Osirus I like your set up. Esp. for transporting a bunch of pipe stuff to Pipe Club once a month.

Recently, I organized all my quick-reach stuff at the request of my wife. Here is a Hobby Lobby box I am using. However, it is only for storage, not really transporting. It’s heavy cardboard.

View attachment 145580

View attachment 145581
That works! I have a larger "nice box" under my couch with my spare mason jars and the extra tobacco. My hoarding tendencies pay off sometimes, because I usually save all my boxes and packing from orders. I'm the guy that sees stuff at the dumpster and says "That's a nice box! How could someone just throw it away!?" I've also had to buy boxes before, for both moving and shipping online sales- they'e not cheap!

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Well it's been about 2 weeks since I found the "nice case" and while it's great, my ambition has outpaced my resources and it will become the "nice case for the nice stuff" as my lack of self control and the ease of clicking "add to cart/checkout" has reared its' ugly head.

I keep telling myself it's ok, tobacco isn't going to get any cheaper or more easily available online then it is now... breathe...