Found a Good Pipe Pouch for a Great Price...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I've been looking for a decent size genuine leather pipe pouch to hold all the necessities and not have to take out a second mortgage for payment. Finally began thinking outside the box and found exactly what I've been searching for. Cost: under $20. and hand made with YKK zippers. That little touch was what actually led me to check this wonderful pouch out.
The company is Moonster (not Monster) and is offered on Amazon. The pouch is listed as a make-up case, but should be called a pipe pouch for sure! Exterior is very nicely finished Buffalo leather, YKK Zippers as mentioned, and excellent quality craftsmanship. Size is perfect at 8 x 3 x 3...long enough for all but churchwarden pieces and roomy enough to fit pipes and a tin. The company gives a portion of sales to charity. Please excuse the poor photo - I am not a professional photographer!

Hero2k1-100x100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I've been looking for a decent size genuine leather pipe pouch to hold all the necessities and not have to take out a second mortgage for payment. Finally began thinking outside the box and found exactly what I've been searching for. Cost: under $20. and hand made with YKK zippers. That little touch was what actually led me to check this wonderful pouch out.
The company is Moonster (not Monster) and is offered on Amazon. The pouch is listed as a make-up case, but should be called a pipe pouch for sure! Exterior is very nicely finished Buffalo leather, YKK Zippers as mentioned, and excellent quality craftsmanship. Size is perfect at 8 x 3 x 3...long enough for all but churchwarden pieces and roomy enough to fit pipes and a tin. The company gives a portion of sales to charity. Please excuse the poor photo - I am not a professional photographer!

View attachment 18162
Thanks--- do you have the link?

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
leather bag

Here is the link to that bag
What do you think about the lining? I know a lot of tobacco pipe pouches have special linings from felt to other special materials to either protect your pipes and/or keep your tobacco fresh.

Funny-- I have one of their journal leather bound books or at least the same version they are selling. It's pretty decent though I am not a fan of books I cannot replace or add paper.
Thx again

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
What do you think about the lining? I know a lot of tobacco pipe pouches have special linings from felt to other special materials to either protect your pipes and/or keep your tobacco fresh.

Funny-- I have one of their journal leather bound books or at least the same version they are selling. It's pretty decent though I am not a fan of books I cannot replace or add paper.
Thx again
Ah, then you need a Midori style journal cover. ;)

One thing to consider with leather goods is that they be not chrome-tanned, or if they are that they have chrome-free lining, specially if you're gonna use them to carry stuff you're gonna put in your mouth or eat or smoke.

Ideally, tobacco pouches/compartments must be lined with food-grade mylar or plastic, so as to prevent the leaf absorbing substances from the leather and/or acquiring a leathery taste or smell.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If it doesn't work out well for tobacco, your lady friend will love it:

81zfIIV0KjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: cosgringo

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
There is a lining - looks to be nice synthetic. There is not a place for tobacco - I will carry that in a small separate, removable pouch or zip-lock. Works well for me - room for 2 pipes, tobacco, tools and even a tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.