PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
In nearly 11 years, I've seen membership wain and peak. It always has a hundred or so regular posters to the forum. I have enjoyed reading the posts and drooled over the photos of awesome pipes. I am personally posting more now, due to the ease of the new forum.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Oh, wow, so then you and Buzkirk are in the founding fathers category! ?

Correct. We both were members from Kevin's old cigar site. Kevin started building Pipesmagazine in November 2008 after selling said cigar site. I ran the pipe section on his old site and he asked me to work for him on here and I accepted. I worked here for a few years until time constraints on my full time job prevented me from doing it any more.

I believe that I may have been the first to sign up when it went live and a few of the members from the old site that smokes pipes followed right around the same time.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I've been lurking for about a year now and just decided it was time to speak up... I definitely found this site to be the most informative regarding blend components and what makes brands what they are. Participation from industry insiders like Russ Oullette, GL Pease, and others has got to be one of the coolest things ever and I've learned quite a bit from their input. I also have found a few common posters to be really kind and helpful as well as some that are truly funny and a few that are kinda jerky. There are no b&ms left within an hours drive of my small town so it kinda feels like you guys are the closest thing I'll ever get to hanging out with smoke shop codgers, talking junk, telling tales, and spreading rumors. The op is a prime example of someone that always chimes in with his helpful 2 cents. I'm the type to research heavily on any topic I'm interested in, and in my many years of digging for info online I've never felt compelled to actually JOIN a forum. The site revamp is cool, but it really had no bearing on my joining. I just finally felt like I had acquired enough information to be able to add to a conversation and figured there's no better time than now to do so!

Rush

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I've been lurking for about a year now and just decided it was time to speak up... I definitely found this site to be the most informative regarding blend components and what makes brands what they are. Participation from industry insiders like Russ Oullette, GL Pease, and others has got to be one of the coolest things ever and I've learned quite a bit from their input. I also have found a few common posters to be really kind and helpful as well as some that are truly funny and a few that are kinda jerky. There are no b&ms left within an hours drive of my small town so it kinda feels like you guys are the closest thing I'll ever get to hanging out with smoke shop codgers, talking junk, telling tales, and spreading rumors. The op is a prime example of someone that always chimes in with his helpful 2 cents. I'm the type to research heavily on any topic I'm interested in, and in my many years of digging for info online I've never felt compelled to actually JOIN a forum. The site revamp is cool, but it really had no bearing on my joining. I just finally felt like I had acquired enough information to be able to add to a conversation and figured there's no better time than now to do so!

Rush
Welcome and hope you stick around to contribute input!

Status
Not open for further replies.