PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Been on a lot of forums but this one is a little different.
How do I quote from another reply? I see the quote function but it just places the word
in brackets.
What is the little blue pound symbol (#) used for at the bottom of each reply.
Thanks

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
How do I quote from another reply? I see the quote function but it just places the word "quote" in brackets.

Quoting: You need to copy the passage you want to quote, then press the quote button, paste in the text, and press the quote button again.
What is the little blue pound symbol (#) used for at the bottom of each reply
The # symbol lets you link to a specific post in a thread, rather than the thread itself. It's handy when you want to reference a specific piece of info contained in a massive thread.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Every time you click the pound symbol, another pound of tobacco shows up in the mail...
jay-roger.jpg

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
The # symbol lets you link to a specific post in a thread, rather than the thread itself. It's handy when you want to reference a specific piece of info contained in a massive thread.
OK. Are these references stored somewhere? How do I get back to a specific post? I did click on the pound symbol a few times but it didn’t really do anything.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Paste the trxt, highlight it, hit the “quote” button. It will put the “quote” tags at either end of the text. Or...you can just type the code in yourself. I find that easier to do on the iPhone.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Quoting: You need to copy the passage you want to quote, then press the quote button, paste in the text, and press the quote button again.

Paste the trxt, highlight it, hit the “quote” button. It will put the “quote” tags at either end of the text.
Both work. Each time you hit the "quote" button it changes from open quote to close quote. The latter has a slash just inside of the bracket [/.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What is the little blue pound symbol (#) used for at the bottom of each reply.
Clicking on the pound symbol will create a link to that specific post, one that will appear at the top of your browser window. You can then copy and paste that link into another reply on this forum, copy to another document to keep as reference, or bookmark for future use.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
OK. Thanks everyone. I got it now.
shanez... you might want to double check what’s in your pipe??? Not sure where the Morty thing came from. Some pretty bizarre stuff for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.