PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Some of you indicated that you would like to meet one evening for a forum meet & greet at the JB Hayes shop in Winchester, VA.

http://www.hayestobacconist.com/5.html
I propose we meet in Thursday, 1/25, 6 to 9 PM (shop closes at 9 PM). I'll put a link to this thread on the WV Panhandle thread from a few weeks ago.
PM me if you are interested in attending so I can let Nathan know how many to expect.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I'm in, and thanks for the Text Josh, been real busy as of late, so not much time here. Look forward to seeing you all.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I will try to be there around 7-730 ish, have to take care of a few things first.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, it was a small group, but I think we had a fine time. Myself, Josh (joshwolftree and Jack (pipeinhand) braved the cold, but we missed Yuri. I bought some bulk Dunhill EMP and Jack picked up a nice estate pipe. With the exception of one new pipe smoker, we had the shop to ourselves on a cold evening. Jack brought some of his own blends, and I have a sample to try out at home, thanks! We're hoping to make it a more regular event. I have to remember to take my good camera the next time, but here is a fuzzy cameraphone pix.
2013-01-24_20-15-48_149.jpg

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Hey Guys, My apologies for not making it, got stuck at work with an emergency situation and did not get out until after 830. I hope we can do this again and so I can make the event.

See you next time.

Yuri

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
It was fun, and I will post a pic of the nice Sven I picked up. What a mottle crew we are, you can see how big that Sven is as the stem is almost to my shirt zipper.
I suggested we do this every third Thursday, so no worries Yuri, we'll get you next time. Maybe I will bring a carafe of coffee, no Starbucks for 3 miles. :rofl:

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Okay gent's it's the coming up on the third Thursday again. So I know the winter hours are a little off at JB Hayes, but for the life of me I can't remember what they are. So what time do we want to meet up, who all is coming, and all that general happiness.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm in NJ next week, but will get to take in the Philly pipe club meeting on IPSD (with Lestrout). I'll catch the group on the next outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.