PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judas530

Lurker
Mar 21, 2018
I have 3 Forever Stems that I bought in 2019 from Walkers Briar Works. I cant smoke the standard stems. Just cant get a comfortable pack that works like a forever stem. I always end up over packing and it ruins the smoke.

The forever stems allow me to gravity fill with a light tamp or 2 and the draw is perfect. I know alot of guys hate the tight draw on a forever stem, but I just cant smoke without it. Too open and I just get hot air and no smoke. Too tight and I burn my mouth and the bowl gets to hot. Draw on the forever stems is perfect and makes it so I feel no need to buy more briars. I just load up on different shaped cobs, switch my forever stems between them and save a fortune.

For the record a Danish bit with a 3mm Savinelli Adapter gets you in the ballpark. Just need to pack a bit tighter and it works.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I have a question about how to get a tight forever stem to fit into the shank of my already smoked legend. I just got the stem and it came with a little card that said to smoke it witch will fix the fit.

My question is, do I get the tight stem in as far as I can and then smoke it, and once it's hot/moist push it in the last 1/4 of an inch where it's stuck now? OR do I smoke it with the old stem in it, and then once it's hot change the stems?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a question about how to get a tight forever stem to fit into the shank of my already smoked legend. I just got the stem and it came with a little card that said to smoke it witch will fix the fit.

My question is, do I get the tight stem in as far as I can and then smoke it, and once it's hot/moist push it in the last 1/4 of an inch where it's stuck now? OR do I smoke it with the old stem in it, and then once it's hot change the stems?
Beeswax

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
Was very upset to find out that they've closed their business.
I was jut about to buy a "Filtered Style Nose Warmer".
So if anyone has a spare one (color in not important in these circumstances) and would agree to let it go - please, kindly PM me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Was very upset to find out that they've closed their business.
I was jut about to buy a "Filtered Style Nose Warmer".
So if anyone has a spare one (color in not important in these circumstances) and would agree to let it go - please, kindly PM me.

Reactions: vates
Status
Not open for further replies.