Forever Stems Now For Non-filtered MM Cobs.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Some good news for you cob lovers that prefer non-filtered cobs, but have always wanted one of these Forever Stems. Walker Briar works is now offering them. I'm seriously considering grabbing a few of these for my cobs. :clap:

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I would, you'll like it. I have one and really like it, the cheapo stems were what I disliked most about cobs. The forever stem is a nice upgrade. And if considering a new cob some of the new cobbits now come with nice stems, look for the silver/chrome band.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Got one for my Great Dane a few weeks ago. I am going to have to get more. The draw was a little on the tight side for me so I drilled it out. I agree the cheap stems cobs come with suck. I would rather pay more and get a good stem from the get-go.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought several of these under Forever's previous management, much better than the soft plastic stock stems on many MM cobs. I have really enjoyed them, and they make the cobs more permanent pipes for me, since I don't chew through the bits in a year. Lately, I've also enjoyed the special series MM, Dagner and Charlie Towne pipes, with acrylic stems, easily worth the $24 to me.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
All but a few of my cobs have forever stems.
Having been a clincher for 50 years forever stems are a must.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Excellent...I have a bunch of MM which I will pickup Forever Stem. Only if they had 1 for Bully 2019 as that stem is crap.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
you have to do it, here's one I just received today

hpgTLDi.jpg

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
To clarify what the O.P. meant when posting this thread, Forever Stems are now available for Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipes that were originally sold as filtered from the factory (Legend, Country Gentleman, Diplomat, many more), as well as those sold as unfiltered (Morgan, Marcus, Huck Finn, Eaton, and many more).
Previously Forever Stems were only available for the line of pipes that were originally sold as filtered by the factory.
So the pipes which originally came as unfiltered did not have Forever Stems available.
The pipes sold as unfiltered have a much smaller diameter stem and tenon than those originally meant to take a filter.
Forever Stems take a filtered cob, and make it unfiltered.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'll have to look into drilling out my forever stems. The draw is too tight for me and I get so much moisture, that I have to pull the stem 4-5 times per bowl and blow through it. However the stems look really thin, and it worries me. I already ruined a different style of stem I bought for my cobs by attempting to drill it out. I keep going back to the plastic stems for this reason .

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I bought a couple of these a few years back. Both wobbled on the fit and restricted the draw too much for me. I gave them to a friend, who seems to enjoy them.
I prefer the originals.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Are these made by a new manufacturer? Because the few I bought a couple of years ago were ineptly manufactured, thoroughly bungled crap.
Their now made by Walker Briar Works who originally manufactured them.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/forever_stems.html

Status
Not open for further replies.