Forced To Slow Down

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

My worry here is on what terms she may be with the sheriff's admin, Mildred, whom the sheriff has empowered to make
involuntary commitments.
I know some guys resist this. But, I demanded to be microchipped with a GPS tracker a few years ago. In my dementia, I want to enjoy getting lost in my neighborhood. They can just find me and reintroduce themselves to me whenever it bothers them that I am gone. puffy

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Smoking my first bowl now after a two week break. Habana Daydream in my favorite pipe, a savinelli 602 with a 9mm charcoal filter. Wow. Very enjoyable. Sipping it slowly. Giving the tongue some time to rest definitely has advantages. I really think that for me a few bowls a week is the way to go.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I enjoy smoking more when I smoke moderately. If I do it continuously it gets less enjoyable, but that's just me.

Same here. The one exception for me is burley blends (which I know you like as well). My favorite thing about burley is that it's so easy-going that I just never get any tongue burn or other unpleasantness from a good burley blends. Most days I wouldn't smoke more than a bowl or two (and sometimes none), but sometimes on the weekends I might smoke a lot of bowls in a day, and most of them will be burley blends just because of how easy it is on the senses.

I don't get it either.. My breathing was better when I only smoked cigarettes, and I smoked a couple packs a day for 15 years... pipe smoking has cut me back to a half pack. I love my pipes and smoke them all day, but the smokers cough prevails.

Opposite here. I was never a pack a day smoker, but I also smoked cigarettes daily from about age 15 to 30 or so, and my breathing has improved greatly once I quit them a few years back. I've found in particular that it's so much easier now for me to do things that used to wind me and get me breathing hard, like mowing my lawn (which is on a hill and a damn large lawn to push mow, but I do it anyway).

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I will also add that it probably took me a year or two of pipe smoking to get all the way away from the inhaling tendency. I still smoke a cigarette once in a blue moon (mostly if I'm drinking with my buddies who smoke cigarettes) and most of the time I have no desire at all to inhale any smoke these days, at least until I'm several or more drinks deep puffy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I know some guys resist this. But, I demanded to be microchipped with a GPS tracker a few years ago. In my dementia, I want to enjoy getting lost in my neighborhood. They can just find me and reintroduce themselves to me whenever it bothers them that I am gone. puffy
That's the ticket! Forethought and execution will get you everywhere! My question is do you wear a collar with a tag saying that you have the chip? If they don't know they can't take you home.

Reactions: canucklehead